Kennel Ideas

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ohlinger

Kennel Ideas

Post by ohlinger »

Spring project is going to be building a new kennel. Looking for some good above ground ideas. No wire floors.
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com

chapkosbeagles

Re: Kennel Ideas

Post by chapkosbeagles »

I found what works great condueite(spelling)
Lay it across the floor joices with 1/2 to 3/4 in gap it works great poo falls right right thew it is a 1.00 a stick cheep and will hold up longer than wire I found 1 in works b rest for beagles and can sprey with bleech water to clean

P D Rowe

Post by P D Rowe »

chapkosbeagles wrote:I found what works great condueite(spelling)
Lay it across the floor joices with 1/2 to 3/4 in gap it works great poo falls right right thew it is a 1.00 a stick cheep and will hold up longer than wire I found 1 in works b rest for beagles and can sprey with bleech water to clean

Do you use plastic or metal?

wireman252

Post by wireman252 »

I have one that I used the vinyl lattice with 1" squares . I bought a 4'x8' sheet for around $25 at Home Depot. Most of the waste goes through , but occasionally some will need to be scraped out.

upstatenybeagler

Post by upstatenybeagler »

Go to the kennel section on here. theres a lot of great kennels to get ideas from. I didnt like wire floors either so i use the benchtop flooring. Its amazing. check out my post on the kennel section, theres pictures on there of it.
*IFC Beavercreek's Kickaz*
Drum Runner's PB Blaster
Drum Runner's Twisted Tank
Drum Runner's Sniper
Drum Runner's Savage
Drum Runner's Little Kickaz
Drum Runner's NEK Digger
Drum Runner's NEK Jack-Off

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Plastic grey 1in it will last forever even in extream cold I have not found a better floor

I also put 2 6 in pieces of grey compostie decking when they step out the house so they can lay in the sun

It works so well my buddy took the wire out of his senica kennels to put this floor in

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

upstatenybeagler wrote:Go to the kennel section on here. theres a lot of great kennels to get ideas from. I didnt like wire floors either so i use the benchtop flooring. Its amazing. check out my post on the kennel section, theres pictures on there of it.

Thanks I will check that out did'nt realise there was a kennel section on this board I'll look for it. Chapkos do you have a picture of this conduit you are talking about ? Never heard of it before am pretty interested. Maybe a website link ?

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

It is the grey tubing used to run electrical lines under dirt. It can handle frost winter ext and nothing cheeper that I found. It is in the electrical department at the home depot,lowes,or manards and only cost a dollar a stick I have 40dollars in the floor. It is like pvc just grey and made to hold up to the weather I can pic to phone

wireman252

Post by wireman252 »

Chapko, you are right. It is PVC , just specific to electrical installations by code , versus the white PVC specific to plumbing for water , waste, venting or air lines. I actually had thought of trying this a couple years ago ( seeing how I'm an electrician) but haven't needed the extra kennel yet. I would imagine it to work quit well.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Works great wireman olny time you have to clean is when the poo freezes

YoungPup740

Post by YoungPup740 »

I used treated 2x4 ripped down into 3/4in slats for my floor with about 1 1/4 gap between them works great.
Attachments
dog kennel 4.JPG
dog kennel 4.JPG (87.92 KiB) Viewed 4354 times

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

I like that youngpup