What Do You

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Budd

What Do You

Post by Budd »

Put under your above ground kennels? As of now I have four 4x12, two 10x10, four 4x18, one 6x12 kennels all on concrete at ground level. Thinking of adding four 4x8 above ground runs, what do you guys have under your kennels thats easy to clean up? Don't want to put more concrete down or I would just put them at ground level.

Rainman

Re: What Do You

Post by Rainman »

Budd, I use horse stall mats from TSC or conveyor belting from locale gravel pits. Both work well and make an easy job of clean up. I use crushed limestone under the mats and usually taper it so that the water runs away from the from of the pens.
It was good to meet you & Rich down at Huntington this spring and congrats on placing your hound. Hope to run into you again.
Darryl

Running hounds and listening to the orginal country music!

Budd

Post by Budd »

Rainman wrote:Budd, I use horse stall mats from TSC or conveyor belting from locale gravel pits. Both work well and make an easy job of clean up. I use crushed limestone under the mats and usually taper it so that the water runs away from the from of the pens.
It was good to meet you & Rich down at Huntington this spring and congrats on placing your hound. Hope to run into you again.
Thanks, was good visiting with you also. My neighbor owns a belt splicing business and he said he could hook me up.

pineridgebeagles

Post by pineridgebeagles »

I just have dirt under mine and put pellet lime under once a week,the lime gets hard and no smell. Al

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

I just dumped bagged concrete mix on the ground. spread it out with a trowel. Mother Nature will harden it up in a few days. It won't be slick though like poured concrete.
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

dog

Post by dog »

i used untreated 2x6's , thompson water seal them once a year , mine are going og 6 trs old and still look good and in good shape