Kennel Doors and Fencing Kennel pics added now

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bradh

Kennel Doors and Fencing Kennel pics added now

Post by Bradh »

Just wanted to get some opinions on what others have used that worked well. I'm building a new 24/24 garage and running 5 or 6 ground runs off the backside with a concrete floor they will be 8 foot long with the boxs inside the building. What I'm looking for exactly is a good alternative to use outside of chain link some of my bigger dogs chew on the chain link and bend it all up so I'm looking for something a little stronger. Also some ideas on doors any advice would be great thanks for replys.
Last edited by Bradh on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Derek Johnson

Re: Kennel Doors and Fencing

Post by Derek Johnson »

Im almost done with building mine and my total kennel size is 40ft by 12ft built out of 2in steel pipe with a steel roof on a concrete pad that slopes from 6 to 3in to make it easier to clean out but I was in the same boat as you on not wanting to use chain link so I used galvanized horse panels they are very sturdy and I dont think an alligator could chew through them. They are just like stock panels except the spacing is 2in by 4in for the holes, they are 5ft tall and 16ft long. Only downfall is they are 65 bucks each. I had over 1000 dollars in panels alone but shouldnt ever need to replace them. You can get them at tractor supply or about any other farm store. Hope this helped you and best of luck sir!

Bradh

Post by Bradh »

Thanks I might look into that my runs are only 8 ft long with the box's on the inside of the building so I could probably cut those down with a grinder and make them work.

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

How stout will the galvanized horse paneling be against urine? My males marked through the outer rails on the (pricey) options plus kennels I bought.
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

Derek Johnson

Post by Derek Johnson »

All I can say is if their urine is acidic enough to eat through 1/4 inch thick rod then something is wrong! I dont think there would be a problem at all and it is alot heavier than chainlink, if they rot out I dont know what a person would use that wouldnt rot. They are very stout my dividers are 12 long by 5 tall welded to 2in. pipe they hardly move when you push on them and dont move when a dog stands up on them. I belive you can get them in 4 or 6gauge, mine are 6

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

I think my kennel panels have 8 gauge wire, but the part that ate away is the perimeter trim.
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

dog

Post by dog »

goat pannels , they are just as heavy as the horse pannels but they only have 2 inch square holes

Bradh

Post by Bradh »

Thanks dog thats a good idea and everyone else that replied I will get some pics on here soon of the whole project.

Keith C.

Post by Keith C. »

I use 6 foot horse fence for my kennels. It is not as stong as the panels, but I have never had a dog damage it.
Horse fence is $229.00 per 6 foot high 100 foot long roll at TSC.
Keith

Bradh

Post by Bradh »

Gettin the locals to help out saved a lot of time.

5 rednecks and 3 cases of beer throw in a little concrete and watch out.

Still need to finish the sides and put a half roof over kennels lights all those goodies but it's a start

MaineDogs

Re: Kennel Doors and Fencing Kennel pics added now

Post by MaineDogs »

"but its a start"...heck yeah it is...great looking set up, lets see more

Sonny Preece

Re: Kennel Doors and Fencing Kennel pics added now

Post by Sonny Preece »

Nice man!!!!!!! Lets see some finished pics?
West Virginia