In kennel exercise

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

DGS

In kennel exercise

Post by DGS »

I have two 10x 10 6 ft high chain link kennels with shed roof dog boxes in them. These are on cement.
I also have a place for them to jump up on. They are like 26 inch high tables big enough for two dogs to get on.
The dogs can jump up there and then jump over to the top of their boxes which have metal roofs.
The tables are great. The dogs are constantly jumping up on them and then jumping to their box.
The other thing is that I have them jump up onto the table so I don't have to bend over to put their e collars on and off before and after the hunt.
I feel like it keeps them agile and gives them a little bit of exercise rather than just laying around.

allniter

Re: In kennel exercise

Post by allniter »

BEAGLES ---are known for back problems from jumping off things ---specially truck tail gaits --keep and eye on them --yes they love to lay on the tables --
don't ask how I know ----
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Panther Creek

Re: In kennel exercise

Post by Panther Creek »

Ya I had a female suffer from a 2 slip discs in her back from jumping from 1 dogbox to another, I'm guessing, I didn't see her do it but thay's the only way I can figure it happened. She might fell in between & twisted her back. Vet said I could send her to MU for surgery, But it.d cost more than she was worth. $2000. Her back half was paralized. She spent a month in a dog box on drugs while she healed up. Eventually she could run a rabbit again but was never the same. Ended up giving her away. I wouldn't have more than 1 thing in their box for them to jump on.
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10