Patch Pedigree info please ...........

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

LR Patch

Patch Pedigree info please ...........

Post by LR Patch »

sire & dam for :
Autumn's Red Runner Annie

sire& dam for :
Launstein's Chole

any help would b great !
thanks in advance.
randy
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

J Steelman

Re: Patch Pedigree info please ...........

Post by J Steelman »

Autumn's Red Runner Annie

Sire-Damron Half Track

Dam-McCutchens Eastview Sassy

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

On 4/3/04, I have that Tom & Eva came and got two female pups. Name them CC and Chole.
They were from S.R.Patch Mr Horn X S.R.Patchwork Ivory and the other from S.R.Patch Mr. Horn X S.R.Patchwork Beanie.
I started using Patchwork in naming as we could no longer use the name Patch as it stands alone due to kennel register rules, I think Mike paid up and that ended that.
Now Patchwork Ivory was from Sugar Ridge Patch Ivory(Hot Patch) crossed onto the new hound I had imported from England, North Bucks Postman. He's the hound in my avtar.
Patchwork Beanie was also from crossing Postman onto Sugar Ridge Patch Beanie, I got Beanie from Elmer in Ohio(West River).
Willet said his hounds were from England and Postman having excellent conformation and coming from a registered hunting pack in the UK, the crosses were made in the hope of improved conformation.

I had tried Barefoot King Patch and Duke of Patch, they also were Patch crossed with Pearson Creek. Many of those crosses were successful in the ARHA and being advertised as Patch hounds. I'm sure many hear have tried that connection in their early days of development with hounds if they put some thought to it. :chef:

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

thanks guys for the info but that still leave's me with 75% of the question . We know that Chole sire was Mr. Horn just need her dam .
rv
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

Gene W

Post by Gene W »

Chloe's dam: Sugar Ridge Patchwork Beanie

Hope this helps.

Randy, You have anything on West Somerset Satin now that you know Beanie?

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Thanks for verifying that Gene, I couldn't be positive without ringing Tom or Eva to be sure.

I got Postman from Ken George, Master of the North Bucks beagles. He'd received Postman and his two brothers from the Clinkard Pack as draft hounds. The Clinkards preferred the smaller hounds so as is often done between the hunting packs, hounds are drafted to other friendly packs to fit and keep them level in size. In 2001 I went to England to visit my daughter at Harlaxton College and see some of the hunting packs. I'd made relations with the North Bucks and the Clinkard prior to going and once there I stayed with them while my wife, mother and daughter went north to Scotland and Wales. I got to go hunting with the packs and we all became very close friends. The North Bucks committee made me and honorary Member of the Pack Supporters. This allowed me to also receive draft hounds from other pack members of the Association. Ken graciously drafted Postman to me and I came home with 8 hounds in tow.

From "The Association of Masters of Harriers & Beagles"
........................NewCastle & Dist. Victor
............NewCastle & Dist. Valour
........................NewCastle & Dist. Patron
West Som. Satin
........................Colne Valley Snowball
............Brighton & Storrington Sally
........................Hunsley Beacon Dazzle

Hope this helps you fill in some blanks.

Gene W

Post by Gene W »

Thank you so much for the information & the story that goes with it. Finding documented info in foreign registries can be difficult, so I've mainly stuck with what i can verify to be true. If there's anything you think I might be able to help you out with, please ask.

Thanks again, Gene Wells

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Thanks Gene , that's exactly what I needed . One of these days I'm going to start adding other beagle lines to my program but for now I only have Patch's by choice.
Again ur the man ,
Randy
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Randy, can you post some of your early patch breeding's of the 80's? or when you got started. I'd like to see if I have anything that goes back into your breeding. How did you go about registering/naming your hounds? so I'll know what to look for.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Gene , Just reread ur post and saw u had ask me about West Summerset Satin . Sorry but I don't have him . I will do some checking / looking / asking as I'm sure U already have. If I come up with any info I'll get it to U . 1 question , is he AKC registered ?
Randy
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

Gene W

Post by Gene W »

No. she is not...
Last edited by Gene W on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

SR , Loudon Ridge comes from the road I live on as for hounds names I generally , until recently pick a name from a hound somewhere back in their pedigree . Really no rhyme or reason behind it . Tomorrow I'll send u some hounds that may fit the bill . But without counting and just browsing my pedigree program their is several hundred patchs in it from the 80's . Still going to get a photo of Charlie .
regards Randy
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

West Som. Satin is a bitch hound, she is Postman's dame. Clinkard Poacher is his sire.

Randy, what I was trying to get at was, who were the first patch hounds that you started your patch X patch breeding from and when. I know Terry had some patch hounds from Elmer and was breeding them with Bredemier hounds.
Example, in 95' I got Peaches and Ivory from Claybaugh, that Dec. I bred both to Don's Buckeye Patch and the following Feb. I whelped 11 puppies. That was my start, most everything I have runs back to those first two crosses. Horn and Taz are the only two outside dog hounds I've brought in for breeding and Taz has my old SRP.Buckeye as his grandpa. That's why I got Taz, Darrel had bred SRP.Buck with the Pa. boys patch hounds and had success with the crosses, so I wanted to infuse their blood with mine since it seemed to work for them.
I was just wondering when you got your start and what your breedings were based off of. Maybe you have a pedigree built that shows the hounds you have today running back to those first hounds you bred?