Patch

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

blackrockbeagles

Patch

Post by blackrockbeagles »

I've been thinking about adding some different blood to my dog's. I'm interested in finding more about the Patch blood line. My questions are on style of hunt and line control . My dogs are upper medium speed and have hard hunt , I would like to slow them down a little and have better line control. Any suggestions or information would be appreciated.

gpen08

Re: Patch

Post by gpen08 »

WWW.thepatchkennel.com. Chris can answer any questions you might have.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Mike Yates got hounds directly from Willet. He bred and selected them for the early SPO trials, so line control was a big issue. This slowed them down but the hunt desire was maintained. For what your looking for I'd recommend something with a heavy percentage of Yates in the breeding.
I've not seen his hounds but preacher Ricky might have what your looking for.
Look for Lehner's Linus, Lehner's Lucy or Sugar Ridge Lelawana Patch in the pedigree. These were all med line-control from Mike Yates breeding. Oh, Hot Patch(Blossom, Star and Brownie) breeding also had heavy Yates in it.
Best of luck.

blackrockbeagles

Post by blackrockbeagles »

Thanks for the info S.R Patch , any idea on how I can get intouch with him?