fc dingus macrae

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mooredog

fc dingus macrae

Post by mooredog »

does anyone have information on fc dingus macrae or fc dingus big shot what style of hounds are they, and are they good jump dogs

grosswdg

Dingus Macrae

Post by grosswdg »

I've never watched Dingus run,but it would be good to here from some fellows that had.If you look back in a issue of Better Beagling in March 1984 there is a ad on page 24.At the top of the page it say's( They Called Him THE RABBIT MACHINE ) It also stats he was Better Beagling 1982,1983 annual awards issue the Top producing sire .It also said he placed in ever trial entered.He was owned by Bob Nicoll of New York.So there should be some fellows in that part of the country that as seen him run.I have a Great grandson of him and Dingus is in his Pedigree 2 times on top and 2 times on bottom.But he is getting old and close Dingus blood is probably about gone.

mooredog

Post by mooredog »

thanks grosswdg
looking for as much information on this bloodline as i can, find seems to be a fine line but can't find much info

tommyt

Dingus McCrae

Post by tommyt »

That is where Branko got his start, breeding a bitch to Dingus

KanesIrish

Post by KanesIrish »

i wouldn't say Branko got his start with breeding a bitch to Dingus. I would say it was buying Nr. FTC Anna's Ann. Ann was a heck of a producer and produced with anything she was bred with especially Dingus. I have a bitch here that is a granddaughter of Dingus and Ann out of Branko's White Blizzard...she's 14 and looks like she's going to live until about 20.

King's Way Kennel

Post by King's Way Kennel »

I know Jim Ritter and judged Big Shot many times. At his prime he was a heck of a dog. He hunted very good and definately could jump his own rabbit as Dingus dogs were known for their hunt. But like many Dingus dogs he could have used a gear ecspecially against today's dogs. You never had to worry about his control because he was going to be where the rabbit was ne matter what the other dogs did, unlike the dogs of today. But all of this is not just because of just the male as most all people think he was off of the of the best females John New said that he had up to that point. She was solid line bred New City dogs but he raised her and said she was better than the feild champion he had just finished that was the first female that went into the hall of fame New City Cautious.
But as for Big Shot he was as smart a dog as I have ever known even up to today. He run deer pretty bad but no matter what state he was in and no matter how far he went on a deer he would about always come back on a paved road and somehow knew his way right back to the trucks. He did go on to receive his feild champion title and was truly deservant of it.