Syris Mcgee Offspring!!!

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bopeye

Post by Bopeye »

No doubt about it.........Plateaubeagler is one UGLY cuss. Throws good looking kids, but I believe they got that from their momma.

Looking at Plateaubeagler almost makes me wish I had glaucoma!! :haha: :nod:
Coyote problems? Can't fix it with western tactics. Here ya go. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/
You can find me and other Prostaff here. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/prostaff

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

Shoot Bopeye i thought i looked pretty good compaired to the hound.lol but i guess he got me beat when it comes to a bench.

No i wil have to owe it all to my son for trialing this hound and ol Bopeye, them to had a blast at the Tn River Beagle Club ARHA LP trial that day, even ol Bopeye one a bag of dog food he said on his ticket, but i believe it was on who told the biggest tail that day at the trials, cause he is like me, he sure didn't when it on looks.lol :lol:
Donnie Gibson/Gibson Plateau Kennel
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

ANTHONY KERR

Post by ANTHONY KERR »

Socks McGee with her proud owner. Talk about ugly !
Anthony Kerr[/img]

Bopeye

Post by Bopeye »

Socks is looking good. :cool:
Coyote problems? Can't fix it with western tactics. Here ya go. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

I bet you wished you had her back don't ya James.

Anthony if you get tired of her i think i got room in my kennels for her.lol
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

Bopeye

Post by Bopeye »

PLATEAUBEAGLER wrote:I bet you wished you had her back don't ya James.
Not really. Anthony is doing far better by her than I could. Keep up the good work Anthony. :nod:

ANTHONY KERR

Socks

Post by ANTHONY KERR »

It will not be me that gets rid of her. Socks is such a loving dog she kissed me right on the mouth last night while I was cleaning the pens. I turned around when I heard her jump on the dog house and before I knew it I had been french kissed. My wife might start wondering why I like to spend so much time with the hounds.
Stay in touch guys we might be thinking about breeding old Socks down the road.
Socks had a few over 60 rabbits shot in front of her this season. Mostly Saturday hunting. If her owner could shoot a little better it might have been 100.
Anthony Kerr

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

yea Anthony keep in touch, i got plenty of Sy blood in my kennels if you want double bred pups, just let me know.

P.S. Tell ya wife not to be to upset.lol
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

deerfield

Post by deerfield »

deerfield

Post by deerfield »

Female on left grand sire is Woofman and Male on right is out of Syris.

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

Man, it is nice to see Baron, it's good to see him in the hands of someone who is going to put him in the rabbits. I hope he continues to improve for you.
"Watch your dog and SHUT-UP"

deerfield

Post by deerfield »

Tim H
Ole Baron did not have to many days on the bench. He runs very good with my dogs. He his a consistent jump dog pulling his share of checks and is always running up in the front. He also got alot of fur in his mouth toward the end of season. I will giving him alot of solo time now that season is out and get him in the hunts this year.

Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Wow, glad to hear you all are happy with your smokes creek blood. A huge congrats to Steve Morgan with Mayhem! I feel like a proud grandpa!
A far as Syris McGee's breeding record, he was official bred 24 times. Now while in KY there is rumor that he was bred unknowingly to some unregistered females ( and one registered that I found out about) Be sure you trust wh you send a dog to is the only advise that I can give. Its just sad to now be hessitant to ever again send out a stud. The reason I did it was to be able to have good bitches reach him as I knew his production power was awesome.
Although Syris is gone I have 3 males here, FC Rheaumes Blue Syris,
FWNR Smokes Creek Maximus Crank ( my opinion best male Ive ever owned and next FC) and Smokes Creek Rabbit-Cadabra who is sires by Maximus Crank and money could not buy.
I also have some Syris and Woofman daughters and grand-daughters that anyone would be proud to own and would do very weel in trials.( i dont trial bitches often)
If your looking for a stud out of Sy I have them, and if you have that awesome female, breeding for the betterment of the breed, and will hunt and trial your hounds. Then call me for your FREE breeding! The only money Ive seen in beagling is the money Ive spent. I will expect those who breed to keep me updated on pups and placement. Not alot to ask! Of course neg bruce test a must!
To Deerfield, I'll try and call you later in the week for a run..cant wait to see your dogs. Thank you all again for keeping Smokes Creek Syris McGee and The Woofman of Smokes Creek blood running through your kennels. My personal and humbled thanks!
I also have a upcoming litter posted for those interested.

Rick Giermata at Smokes Creek Kennels, Buffalo NY

Rick G

Post by Rick G »

I do have pictures of these hounds but dont know how to post them here...lol I can however send them to your e-mail if requested.

Rick G

KanesIrish

Post by KanesIrish »

I've been fortunate to meet "The man, the myth, the legend" Rick Giermata, and judge many of his top hounds.

I have judged Syris, Woofman, Blue Sy, and Max. I have also judged Sy and Woofy's full sisters Slicker's Inquistive Queeny and Catt Valley White Belle. Out of the Sam x Kendra cross, out of what I saw I liked the bitches, but when Woofy was on he was hard to beat.

Out of the males that Rick has...Max truly is a hell of a hound, no bs. there I saw him in his first couple trials and he was the real deal.