Branko's Iron Jack

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Branko's Iron Jack

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I see that Branko mentioned in one of his recent ads for pups that he had pups sired by him. I am curious if any one out there knows anything about him?
A friend of mine had a littermate to him that was making a pretty decent young dog and he sold him to a guy that has let him sit in the pen for the last two years and done nothing with him.
I had bred a female to him and got a litter that has turned out some real nice hounds.
Thanks for any info.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

jcbeagler

Post by jcbeagler »

What is the sire and dame of Iron Jack.

briarshakersdaddy

Branko's Iron Jack

Post by briarshakersdaddy »

Branko's Magnum Force x Branko's Hurricane Holly
send me pedigrees

Tim Croley

Post by Tim Croley »

I saw Iron Jack run last summer up at Branko's and he did a nice job. He is a super nice hound that anyone would be proud to own.

Shady Grove Beagles

I believe Iron Jack is a littermate brother to Branko's Kasey that the Krpans are advertising pups out of and standing at stud.

FarCry

Post by FarCry »

The Krpans had a litter out of Branko's Iron Jack X Branko's Andrea whelped Jan 5 2007. I am happy to have access to a female pup out of this litter, as this would prove to be Branko's Iron Jack's last litter. He was in Louisiana, I believe, and died of kidney failure. It was expected to be food related, although uncomfirmed. Branko's Iron Jack is a full brother to FC Branko's Kasey that is currently being advertised as one of their stud dogs on their website. I also own (2) littermate sisters out of Branko's Iron Jack X Branko's Saucy Sue that would not trade for anything.

FarCry

Post by FarCry »

Hey Shady Grove, Tell me more about your pups. Dam side on breeding?

jonnyringo

Post by jonnyringo »

FarCry wrote: as this would prove to be Branko's Iron Jack's last litter. He was in Louisiana, I believe, and died of kidney failure. It was expected to be food related, although uncomfirmed. .
That is unfortunate. Do you know how old he was when he died and how many litters he sired?
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

FarCry

Post by FarCry »

I don't know his exact age or how many litters he sired.

Shady Grove Beagles

beagle

Hey Far Cry
The male that I bred to [ littermate to Iron Jack and Kasey ] is named Branko's Outback Tarzan. Mike Grosch from Tn. originally bought him as a pup from Branko and got him running good and sold him to a fellow named Robert [don't know his last name] in Dechard,Tn. Robert trials some in Little Pack at Estill Springs, McMinnville,Watertown,Tn.
I always thought the dog was a good young dog but then he got layed up in a pen for a couple of years and never hunted due to owner's health issues.
When they started running him again he also took him to some trials and he championed out and I believe he may have a couple of wins in that class.
The female I bred to him was one I'd raised named Shady Grove's Perfect Storm. On her top side within 3 generations are dogs that you would know the names of Ole Bad Cliff,Branko's Hard Rock,Branko's Snowball,Charle's Cup of Cream
On her bottom side she was out of a Blue Ninja x Greenbriar Charity daughter which has behind that Branko's Jack of all Trades,Greenbriar Branko's Tootsie, Getemout Jim Beau and Branko's Great Nada
Pups from this cross have made some real nice hounds with alot of desire.