Andy and Gretchen

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

New York Hillbilly

Andy and Gretchen

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Andy and Gretchen,
I know this is not much to offer but here is a tidbit. My male Rising Sun's Red Mark Blazer is littermate/brother to Rising Sun's Red Rocket. While Blazer has never been offered to the public as a stud he does have some ARHA champion offspring from breedings while he was owned by Paul Webb. Rocket on the other hand has been bred heavily as he is Paul's stud dog and anyone who knows ARHA knows of Rocket. Blazer is a smoking little hound who can do it for real on snow and sod and I championed him out at a North East Regional ARHA LP Hunt. His papers have never been submitted though because I did not know what to do at the time because the ARHA was in limbo. At the time it was in the middle of being sold and I have never been able to figure out where I stand now. I would like to trial again but am not sure how to get started again after the hard work and hundreds of miles me and the hounds traveled to get the success we were able to earn in the ARHA format. It seems like a terrible waste and has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I miss the great people I met and having a chance to run my hounds with some really great hounds as well as let mine show their stuff. Anyway I am off track a little! What I wanted to tell you was that Blazer and Rocket are out of Pipe Yard Red Mark x Rising Sun's Red Freckles Tammy. Tammy was a heck of a hound who had huge success in ARHA. Pipe Yard Red Mark I know nothing about other that his sire was Mark Five Snoopy. Therefor you see my Blazer and Rocket are grandsons of Mark Five Snoopy. I will call Paul to find out what he can tell me and I will pass it on to you. I have the day off tomorrow and need to get back to some folks who have been trying to catch up with me. If you dig up some info please post it because you now have stirred my interest also.
Peace,
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

Andy and Gretchen Smith

Post by Andy and Gretchen Smith »

THANKS FOR THE HELP. I HAVE WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THAT DOG SINCE I BRED MY FEMALE TO ROCKET. MY FEMALE IS OUT OF RISING SUN QUICK SLICK AND RISING SUN JET GIRL AND SHE IS A GREAT DOG. I FEEL TO MANY OWNERS BASE THEIR DOGS ON WINS WHICH IS FINE BUT WE BASE OUR DOGS ON PLEASURE AND ENJOYMENT AND WE GET ALOT OF BOTH FROM OUR DOGS. I HAVE ALOT OF PLACES TO RUN MY DOGS AND TRY TO RUN AS MUCH AS I CAN. IT IS ALWAYS DIFFERENT AND NO TWO CHASES ARE ALIKE. MARY WILL HAVE HER PUPS IN NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS AND I STILL RUN HER, I CALL HER FAT GIRL NOW IS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE. WE HAVE A 10 YR OLD GIRL STOP BY ABOUT ONCE A WEEK TO SEE IF THE PUPS ARE HERE YET. SHE IS ON THE LIST TO BUY ONE, I THINK IT'S LIKE WAITING ON CHRISTMAS FOR HER. WELL I BETTER GET OFF HERE, AGAIN THANKS FOR THE HELP AND TALK TO YOU SOON. ANDY AND GRETCHEN SMITH

New York Hillbilly

A and G Smith,
I too have a litter on the way and am like the 10 year old girl. :lol: I bred Blazer to his niece Mousie Blue and have made the cross before and got excellent pups. Mousie is a daughter of Rocket. Let me tell you, Blazer in the few breedings I have had with him on different bitches has thrown great hunting, early starting pups. There was even one buddy of mine that had previously bred his Ninja bitch to a big named stud and wound up with a huge litter (12 I think) of idiots. He was big time upset! His female is an excellent hound. So he figured if he bred her to a Ch male with all it's ribbons, titles and hype it would be a sure thing. NOPE! Only one of the pups would hunt at all and that one was a silent tracker. We bred her the next year to Blazer as a fluke, because he wanted some of Blazers aggressive hunt and I wanted a blue-tic female if we got one. The litter was only six pups, which is typical for Blazer with any female so far. But five of the six can flat out smoke a hare or cottontail and all that own them are smiling. The biggest smile was on me cause I got the Blue-tic female I wanted and she was running her own rabbit at just under five months. She was by far the earliest starting pup I have ever owned. :) The sixth pup went as a pet so unsure of what she turned out to be. I think you will be happy with Rockets pups. I have a couple and they are excellent hounds. Paul loves that hound of his and I'm glad he does. It was because of him keeping Rocket that I was able to get Blazer, and from what I have seen they throw the same type of pups. I have Rising Sun enough to line breed safely for years to come and plan to do just that for the most part. Paul never has in my opinion gotten the credit he deserves. Someday I think people will look back and speak of the Rising Sun's Reds like they do Weir Creek, Yellow Creek, Pearson....well you get the idea. The only thing that prevents it now is EGO's in my opinion. Well got to go. Good luck in the Snoopy hunt. Keep me posted!
Peace,
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

Andy and Gretchen Smith

I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN PUP FROM THE LITTER YOU ARE EXPECTING. IT WOULD DEPEND ON HOW MANY WE HAVE AND IF EVERYONE THAT RESERVED A PUP FOLLOWS THRU. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A RED AND WHITE MALE IF I WAS ABLE TO GET ONE. I WANT TO KEEP MY DOG COUNT DOWN TO 5 TO 7 AND I HAVE 4 NOW SO WILL JUST HAVE TO SEE HOW EVERYTHING WORKS OUT. WE WILL KEEP IN TOUCH LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES AND IF WE CAN BUY A PUP OR NOT. A AND G SMITH

New York Hillbilly

A and G Smith,
I'll keep you posted on Mousies pups.
NYH

Andy and Gretchen Smith

NYHB, we had pups on 29th and it went great. Well it went great for the dog but I paced until it was time for me to go to work. We have 7 healthy pups and not a runt in the bunch. All are red and white and we don't know the sex of the pups yet. For a first time mother Mary did great just like she knew what she was doing. We cleaned the whelping box as she delivered and she cleaned the pups. I got home about midnight and checked on her and she had all the pups on tit and was doing fine. I know now why I could have never been a father, the pups were hard enough on me. Well just wanted to let you know how it went and hope the same for you when your time comes. Well hope to hear from you soon. A&G Smith

B&B Kennels

Post by B&B Kennels »

Glad to hear about your puppies. With rocket as the dad they should turn out to be great dogs. Send me a email and let me know how the other dogs are doing that you bought from us.Thanks Jason
B&B Kennels
Jason Butler

New York Hillbilly

AandG Smith,
Congrats on the new pups. Glad all went well. Give the new mom a pat on the head from me for her job well done!
NYH