pearson creek hounds

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bouttime

pearson creek hounds

Post by bouttime »

Can someone tell me about this old strain of hounds?,how they ran what type of speed they had ,anything else about them that would help. :?:

Jim Carman

Pearson Creek

Post by Jim Carman »

This kennel was located in Springfield, Mo. George Nixon was the owner- breeder. At one time, it was one of the most successful kennels in AKC trials. It produced several Hall of Fame hounds. Mr. Nixon who has since passed on was always involved in Brace trialing. Some of his early hounds must have been exellent rabbit hounds if you can judge by the hound that I owned out of Pearson Creek Casanova. I bought him about 1974. My hound was medium speed with solid line control. He was part of the best 4 dog pack that I ever owned. They ran nose to tail with any one of the four taking the lead depending on who solved the check. They seldom lost a rabbit. At this point I could have cared less about trialing. I killed many a rabbit over this pack.

Conversely. I bought another hound from this kennel shortly before Mr. Nixon passed. This hound was slow as molasses and dumb as a post. I bought her thinking that I would slow my hounds down and put them closer on the line. Two generations later, I have still to produce anything like my ideal hound.

travel

Post by travel »

That's what I was talking about bouttime, the two ends. Your email keeps getting returned.

bouttime

thanks guys

Post by bouttime »

Thanks that helps alot and tells me why there seems to be 2 different groups of pearson creek owners.The old ones that loved them and the newer ones that cant stand them.Dont know why the e-mails kept coming back sorry for the inconveniece try me again at BOUTTIMEIV@aol.com
Thanks again

Jake

Pearson creek dogs

Post by Jake »

Jerry Bartley In contenetal Ohio can show you what the old pearson creek stuff was like he has a whole kennel full of it. I have hunted over most of them and have pups from some of them and swear by all of them.
Jake Priest

AlabamaSwamper

Post by AlabamaSwamper »

I have been doing some research on my hounds' history. I find that alot of mine go back to Pearson creek in one way or another. It is usually several generations and the brace has been bred out for sure.
"No stronger bond exist than that between a man and his dog."

Link to RabbitDawg board. (Old Southernbeagles board)
http://www.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=6643

chase

Post by chase »

Bob Beahm has the ole time pearson creek hounds they are not slow and have good hunt. I baught a ukc field ch off him he kept his full brother who is also a fc and had wins in akc as well his name is leading creek gritt who are out of ukc hunting beagle ch,akc spo fc leading creek lincoln. my dog is leading creek abraham. he has good hunt good line control and works a check inside out and can drive a rabbit,or dig him out if has to what I really like about this dog is his manners he handels better than any dog I have ever owner.this line is still out there hope this helps.