pedigree

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

beagle101

pedigree

Post by beagle101 »

could someone help me i am looking at a beagle that has a ckc pedigree which i dont no what is? the ckc? and on his pedigree going back they are all akc. reg. so can someone tell me why this dog is not akc? or is ckc better? i just dont understand? the dog has like 17 fc in his ped. so why change to ckc?

AlabamaSwamper

Post by AlabamaSwamper »

I believe you can AKC register your dog if he is CKC. I may be wrong but I think that AKC will recognize CKC and all the pedigree, especially if the dogs in there are AKC fc's.
"No stronger bond exist than that between a man and his dog."

Link to RabbitDawg board. (Old Southernbeagles board)
http://www.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=6643

beagle101

Post by beagle101 »

thanks i just didnt understand why change to ckc in the first place? with all the fc. in the ped. under akc

AlabamaSwamper

Post by AlabamaSwamper »

I believe that CKC is the "Canadian Kennel Club" so maybe somewhere in your dogs past the dogs lived in Canada. It is the sister club to AKC and the only North American club that AKC recognizes. That may be the explanation to it all. I believe that is how a dog gets the IFC by its name. I very well could be wrong on that one but perhaps by championing out with CKC's trials, that is how they become an Internation Field Champion. Like I said, that is probably wrong, I do not know but maybe some of those dogs were trialed in Canada and somehow you got the lineage that came from Canadian dams.
"No stronger bond exist than that between a man and his dog."

Link to RabbitDawg board. (Old Southernbeagles board)
http://www.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=6643

beagle101

Post by beagle101 »

i have no ideal but let me try this again i am looking at one set of the papers ckc CONTINENTAL KENNEL CLUB CERTIFIED PEDIGREE THIS HAS THE DOG NAME ON IT AND THE SIRE AND DAM THEN FROM THERE ON A 2ND PAPER FOR THE REST OF THE 6TH GENM PED. IT ALL AKC. REG. I DONT UNDER STAND HOW SOME CAN BE ONE AND SOME THE OTHER?

Mariner (Canadain)

PEDIGREE

Post by Mariner (Canadain) »

AlabamaSwamper is correct on international FC's having finished in Canada and the US. to compete in canadain trails you must have the dog CKC. registered & in the US. , AKC registered. This may be a dog that was canadain purchased or at least ran in Canada. As for Continental Kennel Certified I never heard of it,but it could be a pedigree certifier of some sort or another.
PS. Anyone know of any dogs out of my stud dog FTCH Fillmore's Northern Sly. I'd like to hear how they are doing.
E-mail randy@inventivemarine.com
It's finally over 10 degrees F up hear in Nova Scotia

Beagleman973

Post by Beagleman973 »

Continental Kennel Club is an American registry. You see a lot of pet breeders now using CKC, the main reason is they don't have the frequent stud rule, etc, and the cost of registering litters and puppies are cheaper.
If you can't run with the BIG DOGS stay on the porch!

thornie

CKC

Post by thornie »

Beagle 101, I have researched the CKC. They have a website that tells how they got started. It was a joint adventur between AKC & CKC. After they got there feet on the ground, they set their on guidelines, but still honorded some of each others rules. Candian Kennell Club is the same as our AKC, only the breed registery for Canada. Its less exspensive then AKC. You can register your dogs in CKC and AKC will honor them at their events. Hope this helps.
To old to cut the mustard, you can always run beagles