AMCA MERINOSE ?

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

JimmyJohnson

AMCA MERINOSE ?

Post by JimmyJohnson »

Anyone know this Dog? She is a female out of Striker that was bred to Brent's Prime Time a Couple of years ago.
Her AKC Number is
HP09851402 07-05 (CAN)

Want to know if she it being trialed or is finished yet or just what type of dog she is.

Thanks, Jimmy J.

gd71

Post by gd71 »

I own AMCA Merinose here in Ohio. She is out of FTC Branco's Timberchuck which is out of FTC Branko's Lumberjack x Branko's MC Lizzie her mother is Woodland Kayman by FTC MJR Mitsou Argenteuil Striker x Tamarack Creek Cindy. I just bought her from a friend and have not ran her much but she seems to be a pretty nice hound. I don't know if she has ever been trialed but I know she is not a champion. She is a medium fast dog with a squall mouth and very clean with it so far. I had her over hot deer and she didn't act like she even knew they were there. Handles real nice also. I bought here off the word of a good friend that had hunted her and he really liked her alot. I think she has been bred a couple of times and not been run alot in between. But over all she seems to be really a nice solid dog. Do you have or have you seen any pups out of her run.
Timber Creek Kennels

JimmyJohnson

merinose

Post by JimmyJohnson »

Yeah, I have a young male dog out of her and FC Brent's Prime Time. He's a fast Clean dog with a huge mouth. He doesnt bark until the rabbit is up and he can turn with a rabbit at speed. He handles real good and has a good chance of being a super nice Midwest style dog. Just wanted to know how the female was bred....thanks for the info. Incahoots has her littermate. He would like to have merinose if she was ever for sale.

Thanks for you reply come up and Run sometine, Jimmy J.

gd71

Post by gd71 »

I would definately like to come up and see him run sometime. May help me decide what direction to go if I breed her this spring.
Timber Creek Kennels

thornie

Post by thornie »

Hey JJ, was looking at the Merinose females hunt record while in Canada. She had a second and fourth and was owned by a gentleman named Alan Landry. He also had to littermate sisters to her Sossie and Sobee. Hope you and your family are doing fine.
thornie
To old to cut the mustard, you can always run beagles

gd71

Post by gd71 »

Thanks for the info on her. The guy I got her from didn't tell me she had been trialed or that she had any places. Now I wonder if she has been trialed in the states any.
Timber Creek Kennels

billyp

Post by billyp »

an excellent resourse when researching a hound is huntingbeagles.ca
it's an atlantic canada web site with lots of info. on the pull own menus look for individual hounds akc/ckc points. if you know the dogs name, it's alphabetical, and he/she has been trialed in any of over a thousand trials in both countries you will find imfo here. it also tracks dams or sires with pups placing in trails ,(another pull down).. not all trials imfo has been entered as many have not been found so there can be points missing etc.

Steve Mikkelson

Post by Steve Mikkelson »

Last edited by Steve Mikkelson on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cut'em loose

NLPC & IFC Riley's Rolling Trails

JimmyJohnson

Thanks Guys

Post by JimmyJohnson »

I have a young male out of her and Prime Time. I just was curious how his momma was as far as speed is concerened.....This male I have is too tight for me...I hope he starts to open more. thanks for all the info and replies. Thornie Good to here from ya.... Jimmy J.

gd71

Post by gd71 »

Jimmie she seems to be a little tight also unless it is up then she has a big squall mouth. Which I personally kind of like because I can't handle one that cold trails . If she is barking you know it is up and she is smelling it. But I have had alot of young dogs in the past that was that way until they got some age on them then they used it real nice. I used to use alot of Pacesetter blood in my breeding and they were known for that. As far as speed she is about medium right now but she is really out of shape. I was told she was pretty quick before they bred her the first time.
Timber Creek Kennels

thornie

Post by thornie »

Here's the site I used and billyp mentioned.
http://www.huntingbeagles.ca/
To old to cut the mustard, you can always run beagles

Incahoots

Post by Incahoots »

Greg

Thank you for allowing me to have Merinose. You are an excellent person to deal with. If anything you were probally conservative on her abilities.

After having her out I can definalty say she is will be trialed! She runs alot like her sister from what I've seen. Very good nose, brains, excellent check work, brains, hunts very good, also she has brains! Once in better shape she will be one very tough cookie...

Thank you again!

Kevin
Our Dirty Pond Beagles "Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in."
-M. Twain

gd71

Post by gd71 »

No Problem, I hope you enjoy her and wish you the best of luck at the trials. Sorry it took so long to reply but I just now found it.
Timber Creek Kennels