Hazel Hills Sammy Joe

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bev
Site Admin

Hazel Hills Sammy Joe

Post by Bev »

Looking for information on this hound, sibling or offspring. Running style, who's still alive and where are they, etc. Thanks in advance! :bigsmile:

thornie

Bev

Post by thornie »

Bev, Sammy Joe is out of Branko's Heliprop and Hazel Hills Sammy Jo.
The only sibling I could find, was Hytes Creek Ranger.
The offspring were to many to post, but they was alot of Branko. I found
it on online-pedigrees. Hope you have a nice weekend in Vermont.
To old to cut the mustard, you can always run beagles

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Thanks Thornie! Love the pics you sent me!

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

Hey Bev. I owned a dog out of Hyte's Creek Ranger. A nice hound Meadow Creek Mighty Mouse he is now deceased but the pedigree is all on online pedigree. Ranger was last that I know of owned by Silas Ward of Gladwin, Michigan.That is where Mighty came from and Silas and I have salmon fished together and Ranger was used alot to run hare in the upper pen. of Michigan Silas had a guide service on hare running also. Back to question at hand. The Mighty dog I owned could smell and track a rabbit on a dry dusty county road in August when the other hounds thought he was crazy, on one cold frosty day with the ground froze solid anmd we don't have a lot of those days we were hunting with five dogs decent dogs, mind you. We jumped 14 rabbits, I jumped one Dooley jumped one and Dolleys dog jumped one Mighty jumped 11 that is what I know of the bloodline. Try Hazels Hill Sammy Joe on online pedigree. Good Hunting Hearld OOh, by the way still no May issue.

Post by Guest »

Bev:
you might check with Fuzz on that one.

J.Murphy

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Thanks, Hearld! I'll get you another May in the mail.

BTW, the post office is doing a "pubwatch" for me and wanted 4 names of folks that always have trouble. Your name and addy was one that I gave them. It will be interesting to see how they track those 4.

Jamie Rice

Post by Jamie Rice »

Bev,

As Jim Latimer noted on the Better Beagling board, Sammy Jo is owned by Don L. Smith of Stanford, KY. The last I talked to Don, Sammy was still living along with his other littermate that Don owns, Jo Jo. If I'm not mistaken Don bred Sammy a while back again. Not for sure if he got any pups out of him or not. You'd have to ask him about that. I've not seen any of Sammy's offspring run, however I judged two derbies out of Jo Jo and Silvertone Maximo, a mate to Blue Barry, a few years ago. On what I saw from those two pups alone, I'd take one out of Jo Jo. Anyhow here's a list of the littermates.

Elkhorn Creek Sammie Jo - HM37442301
Birchlick Crowder - HM37442302
Wally's Proppin Jo Jo - HM37442303
Hazel Hills Jo Jo - HM37442304
Hazel Hills Jack - HM37442305
Hazel Hills Stormy - HM37442306
Hazel Hills Sammy Jo - HM37442307

You can find information on the offspring of Sammy Jo through the Online Store section of AKC's site. However I think it only lists offspring that are titled. I could be wrong on this wrong, nevertheless worth a try.

If you need Don's number it's on the classified section of my website.
Jamie D. Rice
FUZZ'S BEAGLES
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." - Philippians 4:13 KJV

Lynn Perkins

Post by Lynn Perkins »

If i am not mistaken and he is the same dog, Hazal Hills Stormy is still alive and is located in McRoberts Ky he was owned by a man by the name Frank Campbell of Jenkins Ky until he passed away and his wife sold his hounds.
They say Stormy could flat out smoke a rabbit regardless of conditions,hunted real hard but didn't handle worth a crap, i believe he is some where around 12 yrs old now give or take a year or so.
I seen where Fuzz posted a hounds name Elkhorn Creek Sammie Joe this leads me to think That Mr Campbell owned this hound at one time for Elkhorn Creek Kennels was the name of his Kennel.
Perkins Runnin & Gunnin Kennel
Producing winners both under the gun and in front of the judge!
HOF Reproducer GRCH/BCH Perkins Run-n-Gun BuzzSaw - He might be gone,but his blood flows on!