IFCH Ranger Dan

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

warddog

IFCH Ranger Dan

Post by warddog »

I know and have seen the on-line pedigree on him but was interested more in his speed, size, mouth and conformation. Also real curious in his producing ability.

B.Trull

Post by B.Trull »

Don't know much, butta alot of guys who run 13" hounds consider him pretty influential in the LPH format and wish he was still kickin. I am new to those lines too. Where in southern Indiana are you ? Always looking for others to run and compare and talk hound with.

Brad

warddog

Post by warddog »

Brad, I'm in the Jasonville area. Where you located?

dawgydawg67

Post by dawgydawg67 »

Wardog,
I've only seen a couple of dogs out of him run. They mostly stay on the east coast. As far as his producing ability he was again Better Beagling's top sire.
Dawgy
Unless your the lead dog the view never changes

B.Trull

Post by B.Trull »

Warrdog : Not to far away, I run down at the mines also. Just up ole hwy 59 out here in Bowling Green. Got some mish mash stock, a tight bred La Tiny bull hound and a couple of hare hounds , plus a female outta Sagamon Ridge over in Ill. Mostly young hounds, also got some slobbering coonhounds. Good luck and Good running just getta hold of me and we'll drop'em some time.

sheri2@ccrtc.com

Brad

DOGRUNNER

Post by DOGRUNNER »

I have a son out of ranger dan and fulcount misty. He seems to have lots of hunt and desire, his speed is med/fast with good line control and a pretty good check area. He has a brawl mouth. Getting ready to start trailing him in the fall.
http://bb_beaglesnlabs.expage.com/index.html

Chris

Post by Chris »

I'm no real expert on Ranger Dan, but I've seen him run and I've owned dogs off him. I think he was medium to medium/fast. He was under 13" and blocky built -- not real athletic looking, but he did well in trials. He didn't win on the front; he won by outchecking dogs. Don't know if he had a nose because I've never seen him go in tough going. The best one I owned off him was medium speed, at best, and ran a pretty good rabbit. Not the world's best nose, but he could run on all but the real tough days. He was great to train a young pup with and if he wasn't so small he'd still be here.

Like any other dog, the pups that Ranger Dan threw dependeds a lot on the bitch he was bred with. He did have a very impressive field trial record, if tha's your cup of tea. :)
Chris

www.MillerOutdoors.com
www.Facebook.com/milleroutdoors1
www.YouTube.com/c/MillerOutdoors1
Instagram @milleroutdoors1
Twitter @milleroutdoors