FC Turbo Charged Thunder Blue

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

drifter22no1

FC Turbo Charged Thunder Blue

Post by drifter22no1 »

I was wondering if there is any news on how he is dong in canada I would like to see him get home so I can take a female to him
Jonah Staten
"Walkem when you have to and Catchem when you can"

Boomerx

Re: FC Turbo Charged Thunder Blue

Post by Boomerx »

I thought I'd answer this so you get it "straight from the horse’s mouth". I'm running and handling him here in Ontario. He's not doing well in the trials. He's been in 3 and only got one 4th place. The trials have been in brutal conditions, with deep snow, old snow, icy snow , etc. and Thunder hasn't been able to cope with it well. It's tough to ask a 6 year old hound who has rarely (if ever) seen snow or more importantly, run in it up to his neck, to compete with hounds who have run in this stuff for a couple of years. It takes time to make a snowhound. He looks good enough on snow at home here, and two guys who came to watch him run, both bred their bitches to him on the strength of his performance those days. His problem is he hasn't learned to co-operate with a larger pack on snow. We'll see what the bare ground brings (if it ever gets here). A dog Thunder's age is behind the 8 ball in today's LPH trials with speed being all important in a lot of trials. I think if he can win or place, that's icing on the cake, and if not, it'll be just because he's been in one trial too many, and it won't really make a difference to the kind of dog he is, or to the way he'll produce. His pedigree, and his previous record speak for themselves, and you're welcome to come here and see him run for yourself. I will say this; he's a pleasure to run and handles like a bird dog, something rarely seen in our LPH hounds. Terry McBride

NorWester

Post by NorWester »

Good honest post!
It's not that life is short......it's just that we're dead for such a long, long time...

drifter22no1

Post by drifter22no1 »

I thought so to
Jonah Staten
"Walkem when you have to and Catchem when you can"

pete young

Post by pete young »

Terry,
Thanks for the response. We appreciate the opportunity that you are giving him.
Stoney Run Kennels.
Hunt'em if you got'em!

gap

Post by gap »

Is there any update

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Thunder is back in Kentucky with Tim Croley. He's been back for a while now.
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

jd casey

Post by jd casey »

I've been running dogs with Tim. What i like about Thunder is speed, hits hard out of the check area.