branko's extra trim

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

big rufus

branko's extra trim

Post by big rufus »

any info would help

Gene W

Re: branko's extra trim

Post by Gene W »

--------------------------------------Branko's Big Chief
--------------------------------Branko's Bush Beagle
--------------------------------------Big Rainy Brown Sugar
--------------IFC Branko's Extra Trim
--------------------------------------FTCH Branko's Jack Of All Trades
---------------------------------IFC Branko's Sassy Sally
-------------------------------------FTCH Branko's Pretty Freckles

Hope this helps.

big rufus

Post by big rufus »

thanks

Boomerx

Post by Boomerx »

I'll tell you an interesting story about Extra Trim. I ran her here in Canada for Branko, and thought I'd finished her by late October. It got too cold to ship her back to Branko, so I had her all winter. In April, Branko called to tell me that she still needed one (1) point to finish as a FTCH (he'd just gotten confirmation from CKC about this). I was headed for a trial in Quebec that weekend with her dam, Sassy Sally, who still needed some points also. I told Branko that I'd been feeding Trim low protein (cheap)feed all winter, and I hadn't run her once from Oct. till April. He said "take her with you anyway, as she might get lucky and place 4th or so and get enough to finish". Well, they had an absolutely pounding run and when it was over and when I caught Trim, I remarked to my pal, that "I thought it was strange that she still looked fresh". When they announced the winners, Trim was first and Sally was second. This threw all my notions about conditioning hounds out the window. Terry McBride

Gene W

Post by Gene W »

Nice story Terry!