HUNTING COUNTRY

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TickTownBriarBuster

HUNTING COUNTRY

Post by TickTownBriarBuster »

Just wandering if anyone knows a great state to go for a hunting trip to really fur some young dogs? I am from Ky thanks for any info, I hear that MO has some great hunting! Thanks a lot!
Grand Victory Kennels
http://www.grandvictorykennels.com/
Home of:
Shultz Creeks Hillbilly Gauge
FC Crystals Checkered Lilly
FC Huberts Blazing Blue Angel

raccoon crk kennel

Re: HUNTING COUNTRY

Post by raccoon crk kennel »

henderson/union co penn coal property,13,000 acers has some of the best hunting running grounds around,its in western ky but i cant see any better hunting anywere. 50.00 for a one yr pass for all hunting per person. i went there deer hunting,seen 100s of rabbits and there biggins!!!! not to mention i seen 66 deer in 2.5 days of hanging in a tree! dont take deer dogs!

TickTownBriarBuster

Post by TickTownBriarBuster »

Thanks so much I will try to check that out! God Bless!
Grand Victory Kennels
http://www.grandvictorykennels.com/
Home of:
Shultz Creeks Hillbilly Gauge
FC Crystals Checkered Lilly
FC Huberts Blazing Blue Angel

raccoon crk kennel

ty as well,id say it would be a blast down there cause just setting in my deer stand i seen countless rabbits and its thick! we hope to go the second wk in dec.! the maps they give you is very tricky so be prepared to spend alot of time figuring them out!

raccoon crk kennel

if anyone takes advantage of this hunting spot b4 i do the 3rd wk of this month, let me know how it went,like i said i deer hunted it but i seen to many rabbits to count while in the tree stands and the place looks awsome for rabbit hunting as well,ive heard the rabbits run like deer down there really wide then come back. I CANT WAIT!! i seen 66 deer in 2.5 days while hunting this property and me and my brother killed nice ones but i seen some ppl took outta there that was close to state records, there was one scored 186 and????? we stayed in the same motel as that guy he had it scored in the hotel parking lot,seen another,widest rack id ever seen was 33in 10 point. all kinds of wildlife down there but this yr its about the bunnys!