what wil i get

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Andy and Gretchen Smith

what wil i get

Post by Andy and Gretchen Smith »

I have a good little AKC SPO dog that has alot of Short's in her bloodline. If I bred her to Smoke Creek Syris McGee would I get some pups like her and some like him and some with something from both ? My female has the best line control of any dog I have ever seen and zero speed, would I get any pups with her line control and his speed ? Also my female is 12 inch and Syris is 15 inch would I get a mixture of sizes ?

TomPA

Post by TomPA »

I know Syris personally. I have gunned over him and handled him at trials. If you were to breed this female to him you might get just what you described, some pups of each speed. Sy's sire was a 12 3/4" dog so he throws pups of both sizes. I have 4 pups from him here now and one female is 13".Two things I can guarantee that you will get in your pups is intelligence and desire!