Oak ridge prarie

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

pilotknob

Oak ridge prarie

Post by pilotknob »

Anyone know Jerry Jackson ,I think he had the Oak ridge Prarie hounds.Thanks

davtracy

Re: Oak ridge prarie

Post by davtracy »

Don't know Jerry personally, but I have ran some dogs with a lot of his bloodline in them. Jerry lives in Murray, Kentucky. Maybe that will help. I don't have any contact information for him.

pilotknob

Post by pilotknob »

Thanks Dave,that's more than I had to go on before.Were these some pretty good hounds? They are sure bred up the way I like them.Thanks George

davtracy

Post by davtracy »

I have run with one gyp direct from his kennel. She had a little bit of Branko back in there as well. From what I saw of her she had a lot of hunt, upper medium speed to fast, gave about the right amount of mouth with no extra. She was also a good jump dog. I am hunting a gyp that is a grandpup out of Jerry's Kennel, have hunted with 3 others locally, and started a male and sold it earlier this year out of this stock. All of them showed the same characteristics as the gyp I described. The only thing that I can say that I didn't like about some of them was that Indian Hill's blood he line breeds on throws some oversized dogs occassionally. My female will go abut 14 inches and she is out of a gyp that was about 14 and a 13 inch male. One of the males from that litter went over 15. I've helped to start several out of his stock and they all started early. Jerry is breeding his Indian Hills line with Davis' Bo III and it is throwing some really nice stuff. Hope this helps.