Does this make my dog inbreed

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

lrswts101

Does this make my dog inbreed

Post by lrswts101 »

i just purchased a puppy from a pet store and it is a purebred but my question is ... If my puppys great grandfather is its dad would that make my dog an inbred and should i have paid 700 dollars for it? :?:

Gill

Inbred

Post by Gill »

No! this makes your dog a bit linebred yet thats nothing to worrie about.
If you love your dog than thats all that counts. When you love a particuler dog nothing matters Only- to a true breeder with a purpose everything counts and it shows. I personally wouldn't let a pet store even buy one of our dogs as they usually buy as cheaply as possible to make HUGE profit- those folks that simply don't care really about anything but a quick buck.not breeding top performance just want a quick dollar yet couldn't care if it works out. They call them pets when some of the best also make the best pets as well cause they have brains right in them.
Pet stores pay poor breeders poorly generally. Even as pritty as they can be we used to consider them bucket dogs the ones no-one wanted. Then the pet shops sell any beagle for sometime five times what its really worth, or they them selves payed. For a true working hound. time is what it takes to be sure you get that and very purposly breeding for all the right reasons and quick money is the worst. or simply beagle looks. Yet, done every day. If your real serious about a real hard chore proven hunting dog for many generations you sure won't buy it at a pet store. And pay much more.-always.
pet stores play on your hart strings more than getting you top dogs as all, or almost all beagles are cute. thats what sells them for way more than some of the very best. - Plus they have a great deal of exposure to millions that just want a pup like they may have seen do nothing but stand on TV. Pro's never need pet shops to sell dogs or really need to advertize. Becouse of so many other related proven excellent dogs sold before are seeked out. Gill Davis (Many years and many more of the same line) PS if you don't care much about having a hard hunting hound but a pet 700.00? more power to them. as long as you love him. be another happy beagle owner thats what counts but yes 700.oo from a pet shop in the dogs I hunt that would never, never go to a pet shop to much If you want some top stuff but once in a blue MOON you get luckie and can even get one to run fairly well.

Don't mean to sound harsh but great dogs usually have foks wanting them before ther born and would never see a pet store as far as hunting dogs. But like used cars they will make alot of cash so why not tell you what you want to hear. Beales are cute nomater pet shop or other at times so good luck and I hope you see a blue moon. you paid for some I sold completly broke to work , handle and no off game, that Championed out in the past for others. Heck I've sold fantastic females for five hundred finished years back and folks wondered why I'd even let those kind go. but there not uncommon bred right.
Again if you love your pup you got a deal ifits your best friend if thats what matters alone. I like it all though.