fc fillmore northern sly

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

howell2g

fc fillmore northern sly

Post by howell2g »

i am looking for any info on this dog thanks

thornie

HEY FRIEND

Post by thornie »

Sly is out of Armando's Northern Tracker, his sire is The Elm's Jigs Maggies Mate, his dam is Branko's Flying Spark.

Sly's dam is Branko's Bell Specs, her sire is Branko's Jack Of All Trades
Her dam is Branko's Blue Bell.
You can find more on pedigrees-online

Post by guest »

Sly has a stud add on http://www.beaglescanada.com

Randy Fillmore

FTCH Fillmore's Northern Sly

Post by Randy Fillmore »

Sly is a superb 15'' male,he has an exellent nose on both the hot and cold extreems.Sly will run 12 hours +,by himself or with a pack.He has to much desire to quit,he finished FTCH running against many other FTCH with much more experience than him in large packs of 20-60 dogs.Sly chases only hare or rabbit and will stay on the same one even when there is lots of hare in the area,this he dose exellent and many hounds CH or not don't do at all.
Sly has all the gears to lead a pack fast or slow.He is the smartest dog I know of command and kennel wise.
My friend Geoff and I took him out hunting on a bad scenting day a few weeks ago and Sly went non-stop from one hare to the next as we bagged them.The best thing of that day was Sly's ability to jump hare by covering all the ground needed but not go too far,Sly still comes to you on his own to give you the ''look'' of ''there's no hare here let's move on.
This was after Sly came back from Kentucky and had'nt run in almost 2 years.We wouldn't have had as good a day without him.Sly is still superior in my books and probaly a few others,especially my hunting buddies.
I could be biased because I own Sly,but I've ran with lots of dogs in the maritimes,marshalled many trials and judged fun trials.
Sly has many champion's left in him I'm sure,and I want one just like him if I could be so lucky again.
My e-mail is on beaglescanada,P.S. his littermates were exellent,and produced many FTCH's

Randy
Randy

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Randy, thank you for the first-hand account of Sly. Sly was one of the males that had been recommended to me to breed to my 13" Bitch whose grandsires are FTC Jack Of All Trades on top and IFC Armando's Northern Tracker on bottom. ( I haven't bred her yet) It's good to hear first-hand information on how a stud is under the gun and in the kennel. Brains, bottom, and the ability to not be distracted from task carries a lot of weight with me. I bet he's a fine hound.

We need these posts up there in the "Speaking of FC's" thread! :cool:

Chris

Post by Chris »

I agree Bev. It's nice to get such a modest, unbiased opinion of a dog. ;)
Chris

www.MillerOutdoors.com
www.Facebook.com/milleroutdoors1
www.YouTube.com/c/MillerOutdoors1
Instagram @milleroutdoors1
Twitter @milleroutdoors