pedigree help please

...on the ancestry of your new hound? This is your forum. Post your question and others will fill in the blanks for you. This is also a good forum for asking about particular hounds and bloodlines (past or present) when considering a breeding or purchase, or just breeding questions in general.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

reddog1

pedigree help please

Post by reddog1 »

Zimmerman's firecracker pach
Camp-bell pach Sugar

Looking for information on these 2 hounds

Thanks
Reddog

LR Patch

Re: pedigree help please

Post by LR Patch »

Chuck ,
I got a pretty lager Patch hound database , but don't have those 2 hounds . I'm thing I got a lot of hounds from begening or near that till earily 2000's some of the newer guys breeding I don't keep up with for my own reason's .lol . what R these hounds sire's & dam's maybe I have them and can help U that way .
You know their was 3 big time Patch guys in PA. at one time , Jim Cambell , John Lhyner , Jack Boughly , spelling is not right on last 2 guys last name , but I never could spell . John quit several yr ago , hadn't talked to heard bout Jack in years and just talked to Jim a few weeks ago . He's still breeding hounds but don't breed full patch's , he's crossing some other hare breeding into his part patch hounds from what he said.
Sorry to ramble , let me know and I'll see what I have .
rv
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

RuffKutBeagles

Post by RuffKutBeagles »

Jim Campbell got his patch dogs from Daryl Scildt, so Campbells older lines was Scildts. Wade Hardy is also very knowledgeable of alot of different lines. You may wanna ask him. text to 814 931-9799. He & Daryl Beagle together & both currently have some patch.

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

chuck,

im going off memory so dont take this for 100%

i think sugar was a sister to jims spice dog. they were off of nealmont smokin patch spec x campbell shoney

i think spec was off of pine patch stupe x shildts gypsy patch and shoney was bo's patch gunsmokex oak groves annie.

i think thats how it went. thats off the top of my head and probably not 100% right

jim campbell would be able to tell you for sure..

hope all is well and pat hanna on the head for me .

sam
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Sam ,
ur close , can't post it here but I put it together & sent it to chuck . Got a lot of patch's hounds but always look'n for more . Would b tickled for anyone to send me any they have and I'd put them into my BredMate program and gladly build pedigree's for them or anyone if I can help. Patch hounds and any cross's in them are the hounds I keep track
of currently . It's capacity is endless tho. Best 100 bucks if spent in a while , after the Dalmation version wasn't supported by windows 7 had to change to something and after research I belive Bredmate is best , well best for me as I'm not real computer savey
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

There was a Gail Zimmerman that contacted me about patch hounds some yr ago, i think he was up northern IN. By the name, the bitch was probably one of Jim"s.
That should fit in with what you got from Bud as half of what he had left was from Jim's breeding...Storm, Chalk and her sister and their 4 pups.
Jim told me he had some good hounds but never could find the "nick" to get them to produce as good as they were. Darrel did some breeding with Buckeye and got some good hounds but Mr. Hornick said Buck had ugly feet, so you probably don't want to bring that in your breeding. It seems like the Bronko or rander dan outcross is the only way to go forward.

Chris Hornick

Post by Chris Hornick »

Where / when did Mr. Hornick say Buck had ugly feet?