A Great One Has Passed Away

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Big Dog

A Great One Has Passed Away

Post by Big Dog »

I just found out last night that HOF GRRCH Swartz Briar Patch Big Time died two weeks ago. I hadn't seen anything posted on any of the boards and figured that he deserved it so here it is. This dog was not only a great dog but a great reproducer that has sired many Champion and Grand Champions over the years. Let's hear from some of those that are running his blood in their kennels or saw him run over the years.

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

sorry to hear of the loss
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

JIMMIE ABSHIRE

Post by JIMMIE ABSHIRE »

Big time gone , nice hound ol mark whooped everybody with him , not only was he trial supreme but he was gun dog deluxe . First time mark won hoy with big time it was by 2500 points or more :roll: he forced em to change the point system . Longer he ran the better he got .I seen him on a 90 degree day put one in convulsions . They carried him probaly a mile to a creek , Bigtime never missed a beat . Think i will drink a drink to him tonight , another ol school superstar gone . Rip big boy.
Old school Northway . Full Throttle no Bottle.

dogrunnerone

Post by dogrunnerone »

Well one thing can be said, he left his mark on the beagle world. I too am running Big Time blood now a days, been beat by this blood on several occasions, so if you can't beat them then join them.

On another note, I got a call from Sam Wells last week and he said that Waylon's Bomb had been eaten up by coyotes. He doctored him all night and thought he was out of the woods but when he had returned from hunting Bomb had crawled off somewhere probably to die. He looked but couldn't find him anywhere. I have since called Sam but wasn't able to confirm if he was found dead or alive, or if he is still missing and presumed dead. Again, another good one gone! He also had a female that was Big Time blood that got eaten up and killed the same day as Bomb. Bad day for Sammy!!!!!!

Craig
Craig A. Tull
3398 N. 130 W.
Frankfort, In
(765) 659-3959

TurnLeftBeagles

Post by TurnLeftBeagles »

I spoke with Sam on Saturday evening briefly, he hasn't been able to locate Bomb or his remains unfortunetly.

It sure is a shame that old Bomb had to go that way, I never got to see him or his brothers run but I am sure enjoying their offspring and seeing the continued success that this line is having in ARHA competition. May the future decendants from Big Time, Bomb, and Biff continue to win World Hunts, Big 5 hunts, Champion and Grand Champion titles, and Hall of Fame honors! Then turn around and run them all day under the gun, because that's where they really shine ;)
Adam Deist
http://www.turnleftbeagles.com
H.o.F. hound Stump's KY Mtn. Chance @ stud

Ugly white dogs that chase rabbits and an ugly white dog that trees coons

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Sorry to hear of these good ones passing.
I lost my little PoP Fannie bitch today. She was Cody's Sharpe Mikie X HH Pop Fannie. I'm kinda between tears & smiles right now, she was such a good one. Not perfect, but one of those that shows you what is possible...
The good Lord just got an excellent jumpdawg... :cry:

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Awww, sorry to hear about these dogs! Time goes by too quickly it seems. I hurt for Sammy and you Patch. Sammy was so proud of Bomb - we all were. He was an awesome dog. He won the World Hunt and then two years later his son Bomber won it.

Patch, your female was half-sis to Abbie's Jackson dog, right? Sorry for your loss. :(

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

S.R.Patch wrote:Sorry to hear of these good ones passing.
I lost my little PoP Fannie bitch today. She was Cody's Sharpe Mikie X HH Pop Fannie. I'm kinda between tears & smiles right now, she was such a good one. Not perfect, but one of those that shows you what is possible...
The good Lord just got an excellent jumpdawg... :cry:
Patch sorry to hear of your loss . you probaly had the last dog out of that cross. Not often 2 hall of fame dogs get hooked up. It was a awesome cross. I went about 4 years ago and watched jackson run.
A 90 year old fella owned him , I just showed up on 1 rainey sunday morning too talk , jackson was in the back hollar running like days of old.
He never even knew i was there, it brought back many a memory. The dog has gone now as well as the gentleman . The great ones are few and between . There is plenty of bigtime blood out there. Will they ever measure up too the old man ? Its in the eyes of the beholder. I hate sammy lost bomb that way, freaking coyotes will get em right off the chain in my country. Sammy still has some pretty nice hounds , dont count him out yet. Long live the great ones I only hope theres a rabbit up
if I get there some day . If there is a god he has a heck of a race as we speak. :)
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

WrongsideRandy

Post by WrongsideRandy »

Sorry to hear of your guys losses.

They tug at our shoestrings as pups....and rip at our hearts as they age :cry:

Best to you all,
Randy