Sad News About FEAR THE BIG DIGGER

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

WrongsideRandy

Post by WrongsideRandy »

Sorry to hear about Digger. I know he had to be something special.

Skip

Post by Skip »

I'm sorry to hear that Craig.

I seen Digger win in the finals at Coshocton last year. A lot of people know what a fine hound he was.

Skip

dogrunnerone

Post by dogrunnerone »

Everyone,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, Digger was one of a kind and to date ranks as my best dog ever, and you know I have had lots of dogs in my time. He was the same everytime you put him on the ground. When I got him I laid out a big game plan on what I was going to do with him and up until he became ill, it was all falling in place. I found out quickly that Digger could run in any format that was looking for a rabbit dog. He was a Champion in ARHA Little Pack, UKC Hunting Beagle Champion, UKC Performance Pack Grand Champion (1st ever) and he had his first and 65 points towards his ARHA Progressive Pack Championship, that and he had only been entered in one AKC trial and placed 4th out of 17 big males, this dog could do it all. He is truely missed already and it has only been a few days since I had to put him down. This dog had bottom and heart, along with a head full of brains. I will take his kind any day! Digger was tough in his heart too, he wasn't going to let go and whatever was killing him wasn't either. One of my toughest decisions to date in beagles was to put him down, but I had tried everything and nothing was turning him around. So after a long time in the hospital/vet and a huge vet bill I had to let go. If there is a doggy heaven then God has one hell of a dog in his pack now!!! A lot of wind has been let out of my sails!!!!!!

Thanks,
Craig
Craig A. Tull
3398 N. 130 W.
Frankfort, In
(765) 659-3959

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Tull,
Sorry to hear about Ol Digger, he sure was a good un' Seems like the good ones never stay with us long enough.