BEAGLES AND BIKES

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

run'em ragged

Post by run'em ragged »

Suzuki LC1500 and I bring my beagle with me, from Halifax NS to Montreal Quebec. Image
She trials in LP as well.[/img]
Get 'em up

jonnyringo

Post by jonnyringo »

run'em ragged wrote:Suzuki LC1500 and I bring my beagle with me,
She trials in LP as well.[/img]
Nice bike and nice dog. What a great idea. Those pics made my day. :D
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

Air Force Ken wrote:That's a great story Danny... :lol:

I had a Suzuki GSXR 750 and a Yamaha R6. Looking to get a cruiser now. I am feeling all grown up since I just turned 30. Anyone got any recommendations.

Kenyon

BUY A HARLEY,IF YOU HAVE EVER ROAD ONE YOU DON'T NEED ME TO TELL YOU WHY,THERE IS NO OTHER BIKE LIKE IT,THAT IS WHY SO MANY OTHER COMPANIES TRY TO BE LIKE THEM,I HEAR GUYS ON SHADOWS AND V STARS SAY,IT SOUNDS AND RIDES LIKE A HARLY,WELL IF YOUR TRYING TO BE LIKE A HARLEY,THEN WHY NOT BUY ONE?

I HAVE RAOD CROTCH ROCKETS,STILL LIKE TO ON OCCASION FOR THE RUSH,BUT GIVE ME A HERITAGE OR A ROAD KING ANY DAY,I LIKE THE NEW SOFTAIL SPRINGER CLASSIC,WITH THE GURGER FRONT END LIKE A OL 47 PAN CAME WITH,THAT CLASSIC LOOK BUT NEW DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY,MAN,AINT NOTHIN LIKE IT.
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

weaver240000

ya

Post by weaver240000 »

1982 moped :D great gas mileage

jonnyringo

Post by jonnyringo »

danny vansickle wrote:
Air Force Ken wrote:That's a great story Danny... :lol:

I had a Suzuki GSXR 750 and a Yamaha R6. Looking to get a cruiser now. I am feeling all grown up since I just turned 30. Anyone got any recommendations.

Kenyon

BUY A HARLEY,IF YOU HAVE EVER ROAD ONE YOU DON'T NEED ME TO TELL YOU WHY,THERE IS NO OTHER BIKE LIKE IT,THAT IS WHY SO MANY OTHER COMPANIES TRY TO BE LIKE THEM,I HEAR GUYS ON SHADOWS AND V STARS SAY,IT SOUNDS AND RIDES LIKE A HARLY,WELL IF YOUR TRYING TO BE LIKE A HARLEY,THEN WHY NOT BUY ONE?

I HAVE RAOD CROTCH ROCKETS,STILL LIKE TO ON OCCASION FOR THE RUSH,BUT GIVE ME A HERITAGE OR A ROAD KING ANY DAY,I LIKE THE NEW SOFTAIL SPRINGER CLASSIC,WITH THE GURGER FRONT END LIKE A OL 47 PAN CAME WITH,THAT CLASSIC LOOK BUT NEW DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY,MAN,AINT NOTHIN LIKE IT.
Different strokes for different folks.
Buy what you like. My brother offered me a really nice Road King (24,000 miles like new condition) with every bell and whistle on it for a few thousand more than my V Star. I just like the way the V Star looks and handles better. Nobody tells me what to like or buy. I am my own man.

Hare Hunter

Post by Hare Hunter »

Hey guys, lets not make this an arguement about what we ride, I rode with about 150 bikes this weekend for the fund raiser and there was about every kind they make, and you know what? We had a blast and raised over 2500 dollars for the little boy. Keep it nice, I just wanted to know how many other beaglers shared my passion for Beagles and Bikes. Thanks Hare
Earl Holbrook

dogrunnerone

Post by dogrunnerone »

I rode a 1978 Sportster when I was younger, went to a 2002 Fatboy (loved that bike) sold it to buy a new house and now I have a 2006 Ultra Classic. It's an old man bike but I'm getting older and comfort is king. Love riding and listening to the tunes. I can remember when I was younger I always said that I would quit riding if I had to have a windshield, now I love the thing.
Craig A. Tull
3398 N. 130 W.
Frankfort, In
(765) 659-3959

danny vansickle

Hare Hunter wrote:Hey guys, lets not make this an arguement about what we ride, I rode with about 150 bikes this weekend for the fund raiser and there was about every kind they make, and you know what? We had a blast and raised over 2500 dollars for the little boy. Keep it nice, I just wanted to know how many other beaglers shared my passion for Beagles and Bikes. Thanks Hare

for real,i like to go on poker/charity runs too,even at daytona bike week and sturgis there are all variety of bikes,all i am saying is that there is something special about a harley.

ed,chill out dude,aint nothing wrong with hondas or any for that matter,i just think it is funny how those companies strive to look,sound ,and ride like a harley,why don't they make their own style?

of course i feal harley did the same when they made the buell's.
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

Air Force Ken

Post by Air Force Ken »

I have never road a Harley but I sat on a Road King while I was in Kuwait. It was the most comfortable bike I have ever been on. I felt like I could fall asleep in the seat of that bike. I swore that I would ride sportbikes until I was old and gray but I am looking to be comfy now instead of being fast. Plus with my size its hard to ride a lady on the back of a rocket when I take up all the room. LOL LOL... I will try them all and see what feels the best. I just may have to sell all of my beagles and one of my kids to get it. :shock: (Just Kidding) ;)

Thanks

Kenyon

jonnyringo

Post by jonnyringo »

To be honest, my favorite bike out there is the Harley Davidson Fatboy. It was a toss-up between the V Star 1300 I bought and the Fatboy. If I lived where I could ride year round I probably would have bought the Fatboy.
btw, I am not upset with anyone, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. I was just expressing mine.
Be safe on the road. There was a local guy who bought a brand new Harley last week, was riding it home with his girlfriend following, lost control around a corner, hit a guard rail and subsequently died from his injuries. Really sad. SO BE CAREFUL :!:

mo. beagler

Post by mo. beagler »

had an 88 soft tail fxst I bought new. sold it. miss it sometimes.. most time not..
GOD FAMILY COUNTRY

Hare Hunter

Post by Hare Hunter »

Looks like lots of folks from the midwest. chew on this, maybe late winter early spring next year we could try to get some riders together, go for a ride and have a picnic or something. I am willing to ride as fas as mid Ohio or mid Indiana to meet up. I live in the U.P Mich but love to ride when it's too hot to run dogs. What do you guys (gals) think? Hare
Earl Holbrook

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

I am in........ :thumbsup:
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

danny vansickle

why not set a date,have a hog roast and put on a poker run?help raise money for a charity or something.we have huge turnouts,100 or more bikes avery time we have one around here.sounds like fun,i have a rifle and know where a hog farmer lives :lol:

if you have never been on a poker run,they work like this,you map out a route startin at a designated spot and ending back there,you have five pit stops on the route,you carry a ride slip with you,at every pit stop you get your slip signed to show you made the entire ride,when you get back to the club house you draw five cards out of a deck and that is your hand.you give trophies for high hands in each catigory,rider,passenger,and cage class,that is for people who choose to follow in a car.it is a fun way to raise monry for good causes.you can put on events like weenie bite,slow races,ect.poker runs are a blast.
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

Hare Hunter

Post by Hare Hunter »

Yeah Danny I have been to events like that, we have one every year here (about 30 miles from here) that raises money for a local school for handicapped kids. It is a blast. If you can set something up in your area I will be the fat bald guy riding in with a hugh smile on my mug. Hare
Earl Holbrook