hard hunting bloodlines

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

foxxy

Re: hard hunting bloodlines

Post by foxxy »

try the indian hills branko cross very fast with hunt
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

fastnfuriouskennel

Post by fastnfuriouskennel »

Thanks for all the replies, I think I found what I was looking for. And Brad- "shhhhhhhhhhhh its a secret"!!!!!!
If your hounds aren't Fast-n-Furious! They might as well be barking up a Tree!

jmdown

Post by jmdown »

lots of good opinions here!! most us us are limited to only those bloodlines we have been exposed to and have had the opportunity to run and hunt with, my self included. here in the midwest i have to agree with Mr Ohlingers post dated 1-14. the Blitz dog. i will take that alittle further, it is the line breeding of Townline Johnny Paycheck that seems to produce dogs with extreme hunt and search. they also have all day endurance. bloodlines that come from the Yaunke family(townline kennels) .. Gene Beyers(lake Ogemaw kennels)..Robert Smilowski(Blue Sly Kennels).. i am sure there are more that i did not mention. day in and day out, various conditions, snow or sod, cottontail or hare, this line will hunt hard and run to catch. successful in AKC LP, AKC SPO, ARHA little pack, UKC hunting beagle, etc... most importantly, they are hunting dogs. just my opinion here in michigan.

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

paycheck will through size, the one's that i have had were hard to break from off game, takes alot of time. the do hunt really hard and can be a big o pain in the kennel.some guys dont mind that, but i have to have well mannerd hounds. that is a must.

i have had a couple of pups from juel kool out of turbo with absotly no hunt. i have also had some lumber jack stuff that was ok at best for hunting. i have seen nothern tracker hounds since the mid 90 and they all had hunt.

u never know what has happen during traning, shock collars have had alot to do with hunt. many of hounds have had there hunt zapped wright from them.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

I have owned turbo's, branko's and a few other crosses, but the best blood lnie that i have seen that flat out produces hunt is BOLDSTROKE!!!!

good luck,
steve
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

high ridge joe

Post by high ridge joe »

Lets see....
Boggy Holler --Wier Creek behind that I believe...This line has a ton of hunt and grit...They just cannot be out hustled.!
FC Tuscarora Danny Boy stuff...Indian Hills Majer behind that.....No quit style...Hard hunters, Thorns dont bother them...Honest Mouth also..not tight...honest...
I have a female that has Danny Boy on top and bottom...and I am getting a nice male out of FC Boggy Holler Teddy Bear soon...

Hope this helps..
I am sure there are others our there...

joe t

tkdkraig

Post by tkdkraig »

Branko,lake ogemaw,gay demon

MDH68

Post by MDH68 »

Boldstroke

randy hicks

Post by randy hicks »

Iron Eagle.

cajunmeadows2

Post by cajunmeadows2 »

Satsuma's

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

I have found everyones definition of Hunt Varies. I consider hard going different from Hard Hunt i consider both real good traits.

What I consider Hard hunt is a dog that does not shy away from briars, brushpiles or fence rows. Dogs that will just get into the thickest stuff and dig a rabbit out. Typically the hardest hunting dogs I have consistently seen have had strong influences of Northway Spur and/or Kingswood Trex.

The hard going dogs are dogs that dont stand at your feet but typically bird dog style hunt and cover large areas. I like a variety in my pack but prefer the hard hunting as I hunt/run in alot of terrain where dogs really need to dig one out. Depending on where you live and terrain you are going to run/hunt will help decide the style of Go you need in a hound.
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

The last day I was able to go, my male that is 1/4 Iron Eagle and 3/4 Northway came out of the brush looking like he had been shot in the face. It took days for the scabs on his ears, tail and face to heal. He also has a curious habit of coming out of the brush with his tongue dripping blood. I have seen this occasionally in hounds, but he does it every time. I can sit here and type names, but I think this backs up what almost everyone on this board has said about Iron Eagle and Northway. I am fortunate to have them crossed in a really well-put together bluetick that is still young. I have a 4 yr old lemon/white male that is 3/4 Northway (sampson) and 1/4 Branko (Jackpot) that is the same way. I can tell when he is coming through a briar patch even if he isn't giving mouth by the sound of the briars cracking. I have two pups out of him and a Buzz female that you guys are missing out on in the "pups for sale" section. Make an offer!!!!!!!!
"My past is coming up into my future and messin' with my good life"--Jesco White, 1991
"I enjoyed myself from within myself on behalf of myself"--Jesco White, 1991

wildhare2

Post by wildhare2 »

We have a turbo male that hunts real hard. We have a bitch that is out of FC Branko's tall grass hank and Towline's Jerry-jo agate which goes back to Jonny Paycheck. She hunts very hard and has no quit in her. We had a female out of Lumberjack and Ladybird that won a Large pack hare trial at 10 yrs old. I think alot of bloodlines have good hunt in them, but it depends on the hound. I had a guy ask me if the Hank bred bitch hunted hard and when I told him yes, he couldn't believe it. He said most all the dogs he saw out of Hank didn't hunt very hard, but were hell on a track. Just find what other traits that you want as well.
Here is my opinon
Turbo
Ninja
Lumberjack
Jonny Paycheck
Pacesetter
JMHO
Justin Rutledge

Home of FC, LPRCH LPBCH, HBCH, GRCH Creek Woods Blue

Anderson Upland Beagles

Post by Anderson Upland Beagles »

when you say hard hunting ? what do you mean does a hound have to hunt fast to be hard hunter ? I or just move cover to cover at hunting for rabbit ...just ..wondering ...I dont like to move to fast

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

I consider hard hunting as going where rabbits sit, the deepest, darkest, thickest stuff there is. Hounds that pass up cover just to go and go aren't hunting hard, they are just going. My favorite hounds hunt the thick stuff where I am before moving on. Example: I had a hound that was working a track about 50 yd. from me and wouldn't quit it when another hound jumped a rabbit almost out of hearing down a mountainside. My hound jumped his rabbit and ran it right past me. Which hound would you rather have?
"My past is coming up into my future and messin' with my good life"--Jesco White, 1991
"I enjoyed myself from within myself on behalf of myself"--Jesco White, 1991