A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Steve Mikkelson

Post by Steve Mikkelson »

Last edited by Steve Mikkelson on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cut'em loose

NLPC & IFC Riley's Rolling Trails

NCSportsman

Re: Stiffed on a Dog Payment - Sorry Kentucky

Post by NCSportsman »

Steve Mikkelson wrote:Just a quick update as of March 19 no check has been received yet. It may be a little too soon to expect anything, but it's surely not the first time that I would have been promised payment without delivery. Fedex tracks delivery and can get it to the door in 24 hours if it's deemed that important!!!!

We will see what tomorrow brings.
I hope you're not holding your breath!

kodiac

Post by kodiac »

loved the remark about the yankees, sure am glad i live 20 miles south of the Mason Dixon line, probably wouldnt have been safe for me to drive through Kentucky if i was a yank. :blackeye:

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

i couldnt count the times i been told oh the check is in the mail :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: jb
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Steve,
Hope you get your money today so this can be put to bed.Tim Humble does not represent our state very well, but he is a cop. Unfortunately common sense gets over-riden by a badge.Right is right and wrong is just that. The majority of ky folk on this forum are down to earth good folk.. Dont get bad taste by the rotten cop ahhhhh apple... :blackeye:

Harehunter,
I am sorry you dont like ky folk.... I personally think this world needs a few more Hill-Billies.. One thing about ky folk as a general rule we stick. We may Live in a hollar over yonder, but we aint bad folk. Come on down with steve sometime we can get ya in rabbits "Hell we may get running drunk and drive thru richmond backwards wide open and see if humble will pull us over" :nod:
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Scott Green

Post by Scott Green »

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:"Hell we may get running drunk and drive thru richmond backwards wide open and see if humble will pull us over" :nod:

That is funny Jim, no matter what state you are from :nod:

BriarCreekBeagles

Post by BriarCreekBeagles »

Right on Maple Hills, ain't a darn thing wrong with being a good ole backwoods hillbilly. I'm KY bred and up here all these hoosiers tell me I'm as Hillbilly as they come, or as my wife likes to call me a Hickerbilly.
Ain't up for no bottle but i'll take a backwards ride full throttle any day, heck I can be the designated driver.
"My Goal in life is to be the kind of person my hound thinks I am"
2 Cor. 10:4
Tuff Gun Beagles
Tuff Gun Mr. Breeze, Huff's Briar Bustin Outlaw, Coming home-Lone Acres Ax Grinder

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

I may live up north but I consider myself to be a hillbilly and I'm darn proud of it. Sure I'm not as much hillbilly as you boys down south but I sure think I could hang out with you guys and have a good time anytime. And if living in one of the best parts of the country down there makes you a hillbilly then I would be darned proud to call myself one if I was you.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

Hare Hunter

Post by Hare Hunter »

Harehunter,
I am sorry you dont like ky folk.... I personally think this world needs a few more Hill-Billies.. One thing about ky folk as a general rule we stick. We may Live in a hollar over yonder, but we aint bad folk. Come on down with steve sometime we can get ya in rabbits "Hell we may get running drunk and drive thru richmond backwards wide open and see if humble will pull us over"

Jim, I went back and reread my post to make sure I didn't put something in there that I might have disrespected Kentucky folks. I only meant I wouldn't want to drive thru Tim's area with a Michigan plate. :hammer: As for running drunk and driving backwards, sounds like my kind of day. LET"S DO IT! LOL :lol:
I have met a few from your state and haven't met one yet that didn't seem like darn nice people. There are these kinds of deals going on all the time all around the country. I'm old enough to remember when about any mans word was all you needed. My Dad, God rest his soul ,raised me to believe if your word isn't any good then you ain't much. Still believe that. Again, sorry if I somehow offended any of you KY folk. Your northern beagling friend. Hare
Earl Holbrook

Hatfield

Post by Hatfield »

After this I wouldn't want to ride through Richmond with a MI plate either :shock:

FABOC!
Desire and the abilities to account for the rabbit.

Steve Mikkelson

Post by Steve Mikkelson »

Last edited by Steve Mikkelson on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cut'em loose

NLPC & IFC Riley's Rolling Trails

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

I spend the month of Jan in Kentucky each year runnin and gunnin
have always been treated fine by the people i have met nor just at the
few trials i've been to but when going out to eat or most anyplace we go
If i had known about the area, we go to each year, 20 years ago we would be
retired there now instead staying here in the tax ridden state of New York
not to say we dont have really good runninghere in the Adirondacks but New York City is killin us
John O

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

We are all hillbillies here in Indiana. Y'all got to remember one thing. When the kids in Kentucky and Tennessee graduate High School, they don't give 'em a diploma. They give 'em a rolled up map to Indianapolis.

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

Bev
you sayin there are a lot of imports from the redneck states to
IND :dance: :lol:

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

John, Indianapolis is the melting pot of hillbillies...from all directions, lol. I consider myself bi-lingual as a result. I can say "pertneer" just as easily as I can say "approximately."

The Brickyard 400 in August is considered a Mecca of sorts. It's the only time I see some of my cousins from Tenn.