xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Re: starting a pup

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

rabbitearl wrote:The beagle around here are different than yalls at 2 mo of age my pups have not learnd how to run good on there on yet.But the man wanting some opion and I gave him my.Sorry if I step on somebody toes.So you are trying to tell me all the pups that yall raised not one has ever been a cull.Man that a knew one on me.Can t wait till this trial sat an tell everybody I know were there somebody that raised beagle and donot have culls.
Culls and blowing up are two different things. Blowing up could be caused by several things, including handling and tritronics abuse.
Any bitch can produce a cull. To me they are the ones that lack hunt or are backtrackers, gunshy, or just have no interest in running a rabbit. To have a dog run good for a couple years then blow up is not the same thing, but that's just my opinion.
Additionally, if one linebreeds or outcrosses with proven players he reduces the risk of culls.
And nobody here has said a dog runs good at 2 months of age. We just said we start our training program at 2 months of age which starts with socialization, 3 months introducing rabbits, 4 months putting on wild rabbits, etc.
But, do as you please. This is all very subjective and you made your opinion... I am making mine. ;)

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

thanks for the imput guys i have been taking her out since she was 8 weeks old hear is a pic of the girls

DEADEYES POACHER

TBrabbitman

Post by TBrabbitman »

They both have pretty eyes. :D
workin
for the man
Huntin when i
can

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

look hear tb

DEADEYES POACHER

TBrabbitman

Post by TBrabbitman »

looks like a young rabbit machine to me. :nod:
workin
for the man
Huntin when i
can

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

hear is the rabbit machine roxi do ya thank she looks like her daddy reggie at least in the face :D

DEADEYES POACHER

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Deadeye,
You may be in trouble with Sparta going over 15". That pup has gotten huge in just a few weeks. Can't believe that is her.
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

The reggie female is a good one keep running her hard and solo some ,let me know when you want to breed her to Rabbit Ridge Big Tuna you wont be sorry on that cross ,The Fast One :shock:
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

whelped on 01/16/08 she will be 4 months old in 9 days hear is a pic of her when she was 8 weeks after her first rabbit outing and no shes not a couchpotato :lol:

DEADEYES POACHER