TURKEY HUNTERS

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ringtail

TURKEY HUNTERS

Post by ringtail »

any of you turkey hunters make your own calls,,,,,,,,

if so any body sell any,,might be interested,,,,,
OUR SPORT IS MADE UP OF NEW HUNTERS,,,SO PLEASE TAKE A CHILD HUNTING!

J-N-M'S HIGHBRIER BLU RUKUS

jk6140

Re: TURKEY HUNTERS

Post by jk6140 »

I have a home made call that I can send you. I have never taken it out and used it. I just dont like a box call. We can work something out? Got anything good? HAHAHA...Let me know..

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

i make pot calls here are a few that i made for myself to use i make the pots and strikers,,

check out the read ear slider turtle call

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

them looks good do all of them sound good as they look which one ya like the best jb
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

ENTICER TURKEY CALLS HES OUT OF PA I THINK HE HAS A WEB SITE they are home made slate or something best calls i have herd he has this one i bought its called the wet one he cut off the end of a alumanum arrow and glued it to the striker and it works and sounds great and i got his blood worm DEADLY i have called 3 long beards to the gun this year and 1 jake not too forget the toms that came in with the birds that didnt get shot and thats just this year love those calls hope this helps good luck :cool:
DEADEYES POACHER

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

deadeyebeagle wrote:ENTICER TURKEY CALLS HES OUT OF PA I THINK HE HAS A WEB SITE they are home made slate or something best calls i have herd he has this one i bought its called the wet one he cut off the end of a alumanum arrow and glued it to the striker and it works and sounds great and i got his blood worm DEADLY i have called 3 long beards to the gun this year and 1 jake not too forget the toms that came in with the birds that didnt get shot and thats just this year love those calls hope this helps good luck :cool:
Don't forget about that yote you called in :!: :nod: :gunguy:

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

id have to say the one i like the best is the one with the 4 turkey feet on the back, its made out of lacewood, its a slate over slate, wit an african bocate/orange osage wood,
i have made them from a few african hard woods, i have made them with slate over slate,, slate over glass,, glass over slate, i just ordered some aluminum playing surface and wood sound boards to build a few more, i had about 25 early this spring and buddys have talked me out of them,,,,,but i think the most enjoyment is calling in a hammering gobbler to your own homemade call,,,,,,,,

mspaci

Post by mspaci »

I make slate, glass, & aluminum calls, & like cherry, black walnut, pecan, & canary woods. Been makeing them for a few years & sell a few now & then. Trade a few with other call makers from time to time. Mike

beagle crazy

Post by beagle crazy »

You need to get in touch with Anderson Upland Beagles on this board. He makes great calls--all handmade to order. And he uses all kinds of wood, some domestic and others imported. Not only are they beautiful to look at , but the turkeys just can't seem to resist them!

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

mspaci ,,,you got any pics of your calls i might be interested in buying a couple,,,,,

deadeyebeagle,,,,,,you got a contact for,,ENTICER TURKEY CALLS,,
do you got a pic of the blood worm,,,,,

mooredog

Post by mooredog »

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com Al Holbert
Rd. 2 box 214
Rome PA. 18837
570-395-3279
Paul Moore
http://www.moorebeagles.com
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

mspaci

Post by mspaci »

Ringtail,
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa18 ... C00068.jpg
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa18 ... C00069.jpg
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa18 ... C00070.jpg
I hope this works, this is an aluminum canary wood I did last year for myself & it has been working well so far. I dont have any made right now , sold them all. I can make some more after the season ends here in NY. Check out chucks calls at Andersons Upland beagles as suggested. I speak to Chuck regularly & he makes great stuff. Mike

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

nice looking call,,,,,,

BriarCreekBeagles

Post by BriarCreekBeagles »

well ring i'll tell you like you like i tell cubby, anybody can make a prefab turkey call :shock: real callmakers take a hunk of wood and take out everything that ain't turkey and their left with a good ole box call. LOL nah i'm just teasin, or am I LOL LOL
Guess i'll have to break down and make you a good ole butternut longbox
"My Goal in life is to be the kind of person my hound thinks I am"
2 Cor. 10:4
Tuff Gun Beagles
Tuff Gun Mr. Breeze, Huff's Briar Bustin Outlaw, Coming home-Lone Acres Ax Grinder

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

cubby told me to ask about some money in ten. then he started lol and said whos call got the bird
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy