Which collar to buy?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

keola1978

Which collar to buy?

Post by keola1978 »

I am currently looking to buy a shock collar for my beagle and i was wondering if anyone has used or knows anything about the PetSafe 2400 Pro hunter collar. I have narrowed it down to this collar or the tri-tronics classic 70. I just wanted to see if anyone had any experiences with this petsafe collar

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

Dont know anything about the PetSafe collar but if its the one Walmart sells ive heard people have had problems with them. Id go with the Classic 70.
Crane Creek Kennels

Robert W. Mccoy Jr

Post by Robert W. Mccoy Jr »

Tri Tronics.

S.M. Beagler

collar

Post by S.M. Beagler »

tri-tronics 70 blows away the competetion.. its not even comparable

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

:D I swear by Tri-Tronics. What's a Keola?
Andy Purnell-Dead River Beagles
FC Purnell's Greens Valley Dixie
FC Purnell's Dead River Rebel RIP
FCGD Dead River Hare Razin Ruby
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Ranger
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Bloo Bell

Rosewood

Post by Rosewood »

Tri-trionics for sure. I have had several tri-tronics units and I loved them all. I have not had a classic 70 but I now use the Trashbreaker Ultra II 3 dog unit with 2 mile range. I never use it 2 miles away but here where I live there are a lot of hills, valleys and terrible thickets and I have never had any problems with not being able to reach them. They are just like the AMERICAN EXPRESS I never leave home without them. ;) :D

CHAD_PLUNKETT

Post by CHAD_PLUNKETT »

Tritronics Classic 70. Ive talked to alot of people about them and never heard of any complaints. So far I havent had any that I've sold come back for repairs :D
PLUNKETT'S KENNEL SUPPLY
1-270-797-3244

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

I sell serval type of training collars Dogtra,Inotec,Tri-Tronics,Petsafe ect.
Hands down I sell 3 times more Tri-Tronics than any other.I think they are
the best,most user friendly and never had any major problems and they
take good care of customers 2yr.factory warranty.
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

B.Trull

collars

Post by B.Trull »

My tri tronics classic 70 is ok. I here the newer models have been improved. I am going to trade mine in at the collar clinic for a 2 beagler model like the sporstman 60's. i dont need a really long range on beagles. The unit has worked well in the field but the charger connection is faulty and the cap which covers the plug wore of pretty easily , poor design. I dont feel they hold a charge long enough in cold weather either.
I have no experience with other collars but for $ 300.00 bucks I expect better with less than 100 hours field time.

Brad

windy hollow

TRI-TRONICS rules the beagler world.

Post by windy hollow »

I've been using the tri-tronics BEAGLER for almost since it first came out and I only had two times that I had to send one back for repairs and both times they repaired and up dated them free. I SWEAR BY TRI-TRONICS.
WINDY HOLLOW BEAGLES

BlueJack

Post by BlueJack »

Tri-Tronics gets my vote. My only regret was not getting one a long time ago, only had mine a lil over a week. My dogs already know that when I holler then the tone sounds they better turn around or the boogie man pinches them. No longer than I have had mine I have had just one test of wills with my 2 beagles and one coonhound and guess who won. :) Like I said it didnt take long for them to figure out what that tone meant. Worked each of them 5 straight days with the collar and a checkcord and yesterday "field tested" them all with no cord. Worked like a charm. Just wish I had it sooner.

Post by Guest »

Like the rest tri-tronics is the way to go.

keola1978

Post by keola1978 »

Just wanted to thank everybody for their help and replies. I will be a purchasing a tri-tronics collar in the very near future.