A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

How Should Muskegon River BC Conduct the Stud Dog Auction?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:12 pm

1. Auction takes place at trial event (April 25 & 26) only
13%
2. Auction starts online on this board, and bids are frozen April 23, and reopened at the trial event
72%
3. Online auction only for dogs outside of the mid-west, and all mid-western dogs auctioned at trial event
4%
4. Online auction only for dogs outside of the mid-west, and option 2 applies to all midwestern dogs
10%

Total votes: 68

Steve Mikkelson

Post by Steve Mikkelson »

Last edited by Steve Mikkelson on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cut'em loose

NLPC & IFC Riley's Rolling Trails

FRENCHMAN

Re: POLL - Muskegon River BC Stud Dog Auction Type

Post by FRENCHMAN »

Steve I would be happy to donate a breeding from Chase if you can use it. You can also tell guys if they want info. on Chase they can contact me on this board. We have several litters on the ground now. I hope to come up to the trial. Don LeCount aka The Frenchman

Jay Schrader

Post by Jay Schrader »

Steve,

I think option #2 makes the most sense. But... I could see where it will take some time to manage it.

Good luck with the auction. I'm looking forward to the trial. I'm so glad that you guys stepped in to save a Michigan club. Let me know what I can do to help.

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

To all those that have shown thier support from the stud dog owners to the houndsmen that have shown thier support . I would like to thank everyone! Getting this club released from the previous members and getting it turned around has been a long process going on for nearly 3 years.
I would like to thank you all!! The one thing that we all do our best to do is for all to have a good time at the trial and continue to do so for many years.
So Thank you to all!!.

Tom Summers Pres.
and all of the Club Membership.

Jamie Rice

Post by Jamie Rice »

Personally I think all interested in the stud auction should show up in person to bid. I would think if they're truly interested in helping the club, then they'd be interested in entering a couple of their hounds at the trial as well. That way they could "kill two birds with one stone"... get a great chance at some stud hounds as well as enter a couple dogs, thus garnering even more revenue for a club trying to be successful.
Jamie D. Rice
FUZZ'S BEAGLES
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." - Philippians 4:13 KJV

drifter22no1

Post by drifter22no1 »

I thought the point was to help support the club even if you do not have a dog to run in the trial and at the same time having an opportunity to breed to one of the top stud dogs to improve your yard? I would guess that there will be more of the studs bid on and bids will go higher as well if it is open to all.
Jonah Staten
"Walkem when you have to and Catchem when you can"

Steve Mikkelson

Last edited by Steve Mikkelson on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cut'em loose

Triple L Beagler

Post by Triple L Beagler »

Steve I will donate 2 breedings from FC Awful Bawiln Zorro Real One. My # is 985-373-3605

Lester Firmin
TRIPLE L BAEGLES
http://www.triplelbeagles.com

Where would we all be if the people before us would have just settled for a good dog.

Steve Mikkelson

Last edited by Steve Mikkelson on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cut'em loose

Whitis

Post by Whitis »

I agree with Jamie I think it would be a good incentive to get everyone to come and support the club.
PAYNE TRAILS BEAGLES

tinymwoods

Post by tinymwoods »

It may not be possible for everyone to be able to attend the hunt due to work or other obligations. These same people may be very interested in aquiring a stud service from the impressive list of hounds you have gotten. Also traveling a long distance to the hunt and then to the stud may be more than alot of people can handle. I think maybe opening the bids as a silent auction at the hunt is good. We did this for an elementry school PTA fundraiser. Bids were allowed before the "Fall Festival". All bids up to the festival were sealed. The evening of the festival all high bids were put on paper and everyone was allowed to go through and bid or rebid until a certain time. This gave the people that could not attend a chance to help out the PTA as well as raised alot of cash. just a thought.
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

Ronnyg

Post by Ronnyg »

Some of us may not be able to make it to the trial so an online auction would fit us better. We can still support the club by bidding online. If you factor into the travel expense as well as the stud fee then some may end up paying more so that would be a drawback. I see a stud on the list that I would love to put a bid on. He is close to home for me but if I have to travel to a trial and pay that expense plus add the stud fee then it would be better off and cheaper for me to just go directly to the stud owner. See my point?
Hoosier Heartland Beagles

http://indybeaglerforum.freeforum.ca/

Steve Mikkelson

Last edited by Steve Mikkelson on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cut'em loose

jleerockit

Post by jleerockit »

i love the idea of keeping it an online auction. although i would love to be able to make it to the trial, im not goin to be able to. if the auction stays online then i would still be able to help your club and still can get that breeding that im really interested in bidding on.

Murphy's Kennel

Post by Murphy's Kennel »

I am with the guys who want it to be online! I will be giving two different bids and me personally I hope I get them both.
HOF Murphy`s Dreaming Demon Gr.R.Ch Gr.B.Ch Triple X's Tango