Purina

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jim matuszewski

Re: Purina

Post by jim matuszewski »

Just saying,I go to walmart to get the red bag old roy dogs do better on that than diamond,PKC,and purina, not saying this because I'm cheap it's just what I noticed with my dogs fed the maroon colored diamond for years switched after dog food scare and dogs seemed to have less mess and kept weight when on old roy so I stayed.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Thats odd that or if they are stopping the Pro-Plan I jjust got a email from them last week saying due to custmer demand they were going to start making 1 style of Pro-plan that they had stopped making late last year , don't remember which 1 it was. I'll check
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

SHAWN G.

Post by SHAWN G. »

i have started useing JOY dog food its been a great food for my dogs, they have all the brands that purina does, hi pro, pro plan, performance, high energy, they have really improved the qaulity of there pet foods, to compete with the big name brands, when i talked to the michigan joy dog food rep. he said he gets emails from all the distributers, and most all brands will be going up in price at some point, he said joy will be going down a $1.00 i am feeding the professional brand 26/18 its the same as purina pro plan, its $24.00 for a 50# bag. my dogs look great, and are strong and healthy 6-8 hours of running no problem, and there stool is solid.
FASTTRAC KENNEL

LPRC FastTrac Big Sarge
LPRC FastTrac Tucson
LPRBCH FastTrac Stretch
LPRBCH FastTrac Family Jewel
Where Beagles Not Only Run To Chase
But Run To Catch

sgc

Post by sgc »

Purina switched their Pro plan formula to include what they say was shredded meats. I noticed it about 6 months ago. Their Chicken in Rice, for example, had little bits of dried shredded something. I contacted them a month ago & asked them if they were going to sell their old formula of Pro plan because if not I was going to switch brands and drop out of the Pro plan. They said that they are starting to supply the old formula again but that it would take a few months to get out to the stores that previously carried Pro plan. I didn't feel I was getting my moneys worth out of the shredded formula.

wvbeagler08

Post by wvbeagler08 »

I was also having this problem so i switched to the yellow bag of blackgold does a good job Thanks Cody

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

LAUGHT AT ME BUT I HAVE BEEN FEEDING OLD YELLER THERE STOOLS ARE HARD AND THEY HAVE BEEN PERFORMING THE SAME I DO PUT A EGG IN WITH IT BUT I HAVE ALWAYS DID THAT 12 DOLLARS FOR 50 POUNDS I HAVE BEEN RUNNNING ABOUT 6 HOURS A DAY AND THEY ARE STILL READY TO BANG AT THE END

davidc5936

Post by davidc5936 »

Evidently Sam's Club has got it worked out with Purina. I was in their store in Richmond, VA today and they had a good supply of Dog Chow and other Purina products. The Dog Chow was 50# bags and the price was $22.56.
Dave Cunningham

Richmond, VA

Danny King

Post by Danny King »

they were selling the 55 pound bags here in michigan sams
Lets Run Em... Hammerdown...Yankee By Birth Rebel By Choice!

jar242

Post by jar242 »

My dogs seem to love the Pro Plan Shredded Chicken, I feed half that and half Sportmix, dogs love it, some frozen chicken from time to time and they are ready to go.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Walmart (Zanesville/Newark area) is still selling 44# bags of Purina Dog Chow for $22.00 a bag.
Sams is no longer selling Purina products and previously sold 55# bags of Dog Chow for around $22.50
Sams is now selling a brand of Purina replacement dog chow and hi-pro made by Members Mark.
It even says a Purina replacement and has the same ingredients. Only difference is the dog chow green bag replacement is now 50# bags and is under $18.00 a bag. I like the change, basically getting the same stuff, but about $4.00 cheaper a bag.

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

walmart Mt. vernon is selling 44 # bags for 22.00 I am not changing though my dogs do great ,I switched to hi -standard 24 /20 at the recommendation of a few fellow beaglers but it about drove my dogs crazy too much protein and fat plus loose stool .I had fed the 21/10 and 23/16 before and I wasnt satisfied but ive learned this time PURINA DOG CHOW ,you cant beat it plus join the pro club :shock:
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

went out today 7 hours ran one rabbit for 2 hours an 45 min they just pounded the other runs were nothing to compare but them dogs are doing good on that OLD YELLER it sounds silly but it is working good

rnbrunton

Post by rnbrunton »

eddywilliams wrote: but it about drove my dogs crazy
Please elaborate. Thanks rnb
Red AKC Gundogs Just one more chase.RNB Eastview Tomahawk Chief 1996-2006

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

They seemed real high strung and were hyper in the pens I feel a lil dumb for allowing this to happen because I knew better ,high protein isnt good for the kidneys and can make some dogs mouthy ,Im off it ,I only switched feed becuse purina went from 50 # to 44 # bags but I will deal with it
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/