Black Gold, as advertised, GREAT RESULTS!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sbeagler

Re: Black Gold, as advertised, GREAT RESULTS!!!

Post by sbeagler »

I noticed both Pride and Diamond have been sneaaking the corn in as dogs stools have corn and are not firm and black like they used to be.The dogs arent has healthy looking either. i once tried RIVER RUN about 8 years go didnt like. A friend says try it now the professional formula 24-20. I did stools are about half the size small and black and firm.Dogs look great. THE COST only $19.49 big full 50 lb bag after tax. In Clinton NC. BEST BANG FOR BUCK IN LONG TIME.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I have to say that I am more satisfied with this food than any other I have tried. Great product!!!

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

i got mine on yellowbag right now. Might try the Blackgold puppy chow here real soon once I get low on feed and make it to the farm store some 40minutes away from my house...lol
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Steve Preston

Post by Steve Preston »

Can't afford Black Gold.....
I don't know shizz about dogs.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I am feeding less so I am spending the same I was with pride and I am not having pens full of crap everyday!! If you ration it out accurately you are ahead on buying better food.JMO.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

i got the black bag 55lb bag for 24.50 and its the best thing ive ever used... my gosh my dogs look good,!!!! i used the field trial blend bag before that, black gold is great for me
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

WRKennels

Post by WRKennels »

Finishing my third bag (black bag) best dog food ive ever fed.$25.50.per bag and a 90 min drive one way,but well worth it!! :D :D :D

NeilKimbrel7

Post by NeilKimbrel7 »

I guess I'm the only one on here that's not a fan. Ive tried several kinds of feed. Dogs did look good on it, held up as good as most...but I believe the 50lb bag is deceiving because there are less servings in there than some 40lb bags of food. I also feed once a day and at first they ate it fine. They always eat like they've never ate before. After a few days they would eat part of it and leave the rest. I thought, maybe this was good that it was more filling than other foods. After a few days my curiousity got the best of me and after they had stopped eating I poured in another type of food and they gobbled it up like they use to. May not mean anything to anyone else but I won't feed something my dogs don't like.
HOF LPGRCH GRPCH FCGD Kimbrel's Kickem Up Kane
Kimbrel's Flyby Foxy lady
Kimbrel’s Rock
Peeple’s Naughty Girl

BAOTB

Walnut Shade Beagles

Post by Walnut Shade Beagles »

I used to feed Black Gold exclusively for years! Feed store was right down the road, very convenient. The hounds always had plenty of energy, there was no down side, except for the price. At first I paid 18.50 a 50# bag, the final straw was when I went in and it was up to 25.00 a bag! Now don't get me wrong this didn't happen overnight, it just seemed that each time I went in it was up a bit more. I guess I just got a case of the a## and switched to Southern States 24/20. Of course it started out at 13.99 a 40# bag, if you bought 10 they would be 12.99 ea. Now it's up to 15.99. It seems to be decent food, although some of my dogs require more to keep weight up during the season and late winter. I guess that one guy was right, (says he's in Afganistan). We spend an untold amount of money on these hounds, to buy them, house them, keep them healthy and up to date on medical issues, only to try and feed them the cheapest sh8t out there. I just dropped 1100.00 on a 16 month old puppy from South Carolina,( counting the 300.00 or so in gas that it cost me to drive down). She is everything that i look for in a dog, and will probably give me several good years in the field, never complain,give a 100%. And here I sit in the house, fat dumb and happy, eatting steak and potatoes. Old habits are hard to break! If you break it down, I have 6 hounds, 80# of food is 30.00. It will last approx. 4 weeks. So without a calculator thats roughly 30 days, 1.00 a day for all 6, or approx. .17 cents a dog a day! Well, thanks for opening my eyes a little, I think I will go back to Black Gold, I did like it better than most I have tried. Just needed someone to push me in that direction.

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

Been feeding it for over a year now and love it

Incahoots

Post by Incahoots »

NeilKimbrel7 wrote:I guess I'm the only one on here that's not a fan. Ive tried several kinds of feed. Dogs did look good on it, held up as good as most...but I believe the 50lb bag is deceiving because there are less servings in there than some 40lb bags of food. I also feed once a day and at first they ate it fine. They always eat like they've never ate before. After a few days they would eat part of it and leave the rest. I thought, maybe this was good that it was more filling than other foods. After a few days my curiousity got the best of me and after they had stopped eating I poured in another type of food and they gobbled it up like they use to. May not mean anything to anyone else but I won't feed something my dogs don't like.
I tried it and didn't like it either (Black Bag). Maybe they made changes? I had about 400 lbs of it and couldn't wait till it was gone. I had 3 dogs they looked like they were starved to death on it and they were eating it. I changed feed and they each put on 5lbs within a week. I've seen on other forums where others had same results I had.
Our Dirty Pond Beagles "Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in."
-M. Twain

Mo. Beagler 5000

I was at a trial today and was told by a guy he wouldn't feed black gold to his dog if it were dying of starvation,and the other three of us use it exclusively...

I think his dog looked like it was about to die and its hair was falling out... :biggrin: I know that doesn't mean anything at all but we had a good laugh while out on the hunt today when I called him on it :approve: :lol: really though it was some skin condition he was giving ivomec for to treat

NeilKimbrel7

Post by NeilKimbrel7 »

Hope your dog didn't get too close to his, u may end up with the mange.
HOF LPGRCH GRPCH FCGD Kimbrel's Kickem Up Kane
Kimbrel's Flyby Foxy lady
Kimbrel’s Rock
Peeple’s Naughty Girl

BAOTB

Mo. Beagler 5000

god i hope not...! my dog is seriously show quality coat right now and i bathe her a lot and she is on ivermec wormer so maybe she will be ok and not get it...

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

I called Black Gold once about obtaining a dealership here in Eastern Ky . As I know of no one anywhere close to my area sold it .
The guy didn't seem to have enough knowledge to understand much of anything . I've heard the feed is good but after listening
too him for a while I had all I could take .
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg