Top Producing Non-Champion Stud/Dam

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

MasonsBeagles

?

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Ramey,
Allen and Bobby Vest have a five year old male out of sampson that is tri colored. Really a nice hound. Jump dog supreme when in shape. I bred my Gracie female to Sampson hoping that I get pups out of her will know in the next couple of weeks for sure. I think Sampson is seeing limited breeding as he is on up in age. Course the best person to ask about Sampson is Dexter hisself @ kymtninc@yahoo.com The Magic dog is an outstanding looking hound. He has the looks I think everyone should strive for. He is a Black Tan and White hound with a super personality. I have never seen Magic in action but hope to in the near future as I will probably try to utilize him in my future breeding program. He is bred out of this world (full Northway).

Kevin Hamilton

Post by Kevin Hamilton »

To the best of my knowledge Sampson is still alive and at Dexter's he is old though. Sampson developed a lung condition and this stopped his trial run, I think that is what I heard I didn't ask Dexter. Black Magic is a great looking black and tan. His pups are showing to develop well is the word I have heard. I have a red and white female out of Sampson and a tri-color male. I would buy another pup and am on the list. He is old and very difficultto breed now.

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

indian hills TIPPER was the best producer of all around hunting, and field trialing dogs in the ARHA LITTLE PACK DIVISON. he got lose one night and he started running as he did best, he was 12 years old and he died runnig. what away to go doing what you like best. gone but never forgotten. western maryland beagle club members. THANKS IRVIN FOR THIS DOG. LES.

Big Dog

non champion studs

Post by Big Dog »

I am not familiar with Indian Hills Tipper, What dogs did he produce that were run in LP.

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

TurnLeftBeagles

Post by TurnLeftBeagles »

I believe tipper was a direct son of indian hills majer, owned by irvin ritenour (sp?) from MD.

Big Dog

studs

Post by Big Dog »

Hey Adam, What Little Pack dogs did he produce?

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

TurnLeftBeagles

Post by TurnLeftBeagles »

Kim, Les would be the one to ask on that, because I honestly don't know off hand.

DawgPower

To Mr. Les,

Post by DawgPower »

To Mr. Les,
If Indian Hills Tipper was the best producer of all around hunting and field trialing dogs in the ARHA Little Pack, let's see some proof!!!! What has he produced that has accomplished anything?? Did he produce consistant litters, or was he bred so much that he occasionally produced a "fair" dog?? Has his offspring won any big hunts?
If he is the best producer of field trialing dogs int he ARHA Little Pack as you state, Is he in the ARHA Little Pack Hall of Fame as a producer? The last time that I looked I didn't see his name in there!!!

Post by Guest »

The only Indian Hills dog named tipper that I can recall in ARHA was a dog called Macon Ridge Tipper.Is this thje same dog?

J.Murphy/Murphy's Kennel

DawgPower

Post by DawgPower »

I don't know if this is the same dog that you were speaking about. Can you answer this Les Guynn? What is his pedigree? What has he produced that was so outstanding that you claim???

RabbitDawg

Post by RabbitDawg »

To DawgPower:
I think that the dog that Les is referring to is Littlefoots Tipper that Irvin Ridenour owned, in Rawlings, Md. I think he has produced Shake and Kicker that Russ Taylor owns that are grand RC and also a few other Champions.

Post by Guest »

Prove it that Tipper is the best!!
Lets see facts!!

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Just to throw something different into the ring, ARHA GrRch Goose Creek Sam was inducted into the Reproducer Hall of Fame on either 5 or 7 litters. Can't remember which, but that's all he was bred. Didn't seem to matter to what bitch he was bred, almost everything that hit the ground out of Sam made Champion or Grand Champion in both the field and the bench. Very solid rabbit dogs with decent foot. Goose Creek Sam was out of LP & PP GrRch McCleese's Duck, (he granded in both) who won the LP World Hunt in 1997. Sam's dam was Country Red Pixie.

These dogs were both AKC and ARHA registered, but to my knowledge, campaigned only in ARHA. Scott and David Surber of Indiana owned Sam at the time if his early death. Their dog 2000 HOY GrRch, Bch Logan Elm Blue Skim was a half-brother to Goose Creek Sam. Breeder on Duck and Sam was Rick Howard.