Purina Puppy CHOW

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

S.R.Patch

Re: Purina Puppy CHOW

Post by S.R.Patch »

I went to Saint Loueee years ago to the purina farm, back then it was a American Co.
Foreign investors love to buy American Companies with established business and reputation, the problem is everything now is a get rich quick model, they shoot themselves in the foot for quick profits that kill the long term business investment, go BK and move on to the next.
The whole system has forgotten, confidence of the consumer is everything. Maybe after the pillaging of Companies has run it's course, quality/pricing will come back into vogue... :roll:

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

I noticed my hounds looked a bit thinner than normal this winter. I feed them Purina Dog Chow from Sam's Club. I decided to switch to the green bag Members Mark brand. It had similar properties as the Purina and was even a few bucks cheaper and 55 pound bag verses a 50 pound bag of Dog Chow. I already have noticed a huge difference in weight in a few short weeks. I am feeding less too. I think Purina has changed something in their original formula.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Pike Ridge Beagles wrote:I noticed my hounds looked a bit thinner than normal this winter. I feed them Purina Dog Chow from Sam's Club. I decided to switch to the green bag Members Mark brand. It had similar properties as the Purina and was even a few bucks cheaper and 55 pound bag verses a 50 pound bag of Dog Chow. I already have noticed a huge difference in weight in a few short weeks. I am feeding less too. I think Purina has changed something in their original formula.
I have noticed the same thing. My dogs always run thinner on dog or puppy chow. I like they way they look, but i also like a stocky build to my my dogs. Dont so much like the grey hound look if you know what i mean.
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

sanfordssj wrote: I have noticed the same thing. My dogs always run thinner on dog or puppy chow. I like they way they look, but i also like a stocky build to my my dogs. Dont so much like the grey hound look if you know what i mean.
I like them thick looking but athletic at the same time. Try the Members Mark and see how you like it. Price is good too. Around 20 dollars for 55 pounds. My male dog Striper is a thick looking dog naturally with a big head. I really like the way he is put together. I need to get a recent pic of him posted soon.