Question on Branko's

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sunsetredbeagles

Question on Branko's

Post by sunsetredbeagles »

Can anyone tell me how fast these hounds are? Turbo powered by Prop,Ky Red Sampson,What size do they get as far as off spring.

DIXIEDOG

Re: Question on Branko's

Post by DIXIEDOG »

From what I've seen most Branko dogs up here are what I'd call medium to medium/fast....they are generally in 14-15ish range. That being said generally no 2 dogs even from the same litter are the same so regardless of the line it's tough to predict what you're going to get with any real level of certainty.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Like many lines, they come in all sizes but when I think of Branko I think close to 15 inches with above average speed and line control. I know of several guys who compete in the 13" class trials with emphasis on line control.

sunsetredbeagles

Post by sunsetredbeagles »

Thanks for the info.Are they ARHA Progressive pack style or faster.

scott calkins

Post by scott calkins »

most ive seen are to fast for arha progressive pack not saying there aint any that cant be used . but most are going to be to fast and rough for that format. iam a licenced judge for lp/ and pp arha and judge both.
I will not follow where the path may lead; but I will go where there is no path, and leave a trail. LORD HELP ME BE THE PERSON MY DOG THINKS I,AM!!!

billy

Post by billy »

There have been so many Branco crosses, that it depends on the dog. I have seen many that run pp well, I have also seen many that are too rough. The old breeding of branco seems to be more pp style than the newer stuff. Solo time on a dog has a lot to do with how rough they are also.
pprch Dano's Baby Girl