Who would you use????

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: Who would you use????

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Most know I like the Jack of all Trades / Blue Ninja linebred stuff so I would consider Howard's Bandit
Stoney Run Baba Diamond
Reggie
Turbo Charged Thunder Blue
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Schag

Post by Schag »

Thanks guys for the suggestions. The successful crosses with Zena in my opinion all had ninja up close. On the other hand, I would like to throw a shot of outcross in her as well. Here is the pedigree of her daughter that I own.

Schag

Post by Schag »

Another thing to add. I don't want to offend anyone, but whatever male is used, I will not have any pups for sale at this time. I have been receiving a lot of PM's asking for a pup...etc. I did not post this to try to sell pups. That is the least of my concern right now. I am honestly trying to listen to opinions on what dog might match well with her in order to get the best outcome.

Thanks to all for posting.

barryc

Post by barryc »

hard on a check wrote:"MARAVICS BLUES CLUES" (IFC MJR MITSOU ARGENTEUIL STRIKER X FC MARAVICS BLUE MOON) Moon is directly out of IFC MARAVICS BLUE NINJA. PEDIGREE SUPREME!
Who owns this dog and what is their phone #? Also how old is the dog?

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

If you can find any contact info. for Mark Trudell in Williamstown, New York you can find out.I believe he had/has him.If not Mark than I'm sure Vic Costanza in Frankfort,New York could direct you or give you any info. about Clues.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

hard on a check

Post by hard on a check »

barryc wrote:
hard on a check wrote:"MARAVICS BLUES CLUES" (IFC MJR MITSOU ARGENTEUIL STRIKER X FC MARAVICS BLUE MOON) Moon is directly out of IFC MARAVICS BLUE NINJA. PEDIGREE SUPREME!
Who owns this dog and what is their phone #? Also how old is the dog?
Vic Costanza 315-895-7514,Clues is 9 years old.
Last edited by hard on a check on Sun May 29, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pulpwood725

Post by Pulpwood725 »

How about Chimney Rocks Bad Moon Rising hes supposed to be throwing some good pups with lots of hunt and strong noses as well as good check work.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

old blood beagles wrote:I would match her up with FC Branko's Cheif Bearheart. That would be one hell of a cross and if you do that I will take a male and female at 250.00 each............................................ :nod:

http://www.beaglepedigree.com/Pro/pp_li ... ree&gens=4
Have to agree.....chief would be in my top two or three. Howards bandit is double jack.....can't go wrong there either.

My short list
Pound the ground Willie moe
Branko's chief bearheart
Howards bandit
Brankos smart sammy
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

jerry kelly

Post by jerry kelly »

jason, rabbit ridge tuna< eyes geno< ranger dan.
im having amazing results from different females call me.

jerry kelly
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS HOME OF
GRHBCH RABBIT RIDGE CLETUS A.K.A. (SMOKE )
RABBIT RIDGE Big Luke
RABBIT RIDGE RAMBO
RABBIT RIDGE PHINE
RABBIR RIDGE Doc
RABBIT RIDGE RANGER ANN
RABBIT RIDGE LIL

Bradh

Post by Bradh »

She throws some nice dogs I watched one out of her run a bunch this past rabbit season.

Dr. Chris

Post by Dr. Chris »

Schag wrote:I may or may not do this, but I am thinking about breeding Zena one more time with my fingers crossed. I have had some success with a couple of males, but I want to know what some of your opinions are. I have my own opinions, but I am not above learning if someone has suggestions. Who would you breed her to and why???

Zena's strong points: Clean with mouth (Very clean), good jump dog (has ability to find game), straight (tattle tale), middle of pack foot with turn ability, brains (could be a house dog), good squall mouth, good enough nose, good check hound (close and clean back to point of loss)

Weaknesses: Could use more gamble (flash), could use more nose, seems to produce a better female than male, some of her offspring cannot handle the hot temperatures again I have noticed this more in the males than females.

Thanks in advance.

Jason Schag

Pedigree:

------------------------------------------FTCH Branko’s Jack of All Trades
----------------------------------FC Branko’s Hard Rock
------------------------------------------Branko’s Freckled Sheila
---------------------------McDaniel’s Cherokee Zena
------------------------------------------IFC Branko’s Heli-Prop
-----------------------------------Branko's Indian Mound Suzy
------------------------------------------Branko’s True Blue (Ali-Baba)
I would breed a dog called “Rock's Sugar Creek Ala Kazaam” to her. As I’m sure you know, you have some excellent “old” blood there and I would breed it to something that is of the same line and also both “excellent & old”. There is not a lot of that around.

Larry Perry and Jim Lane would water at the mouth at a bitch like yours. It reminds me of the old female that Mr. Perry has and Jim would like to have, it is a really well bred female directly out of Ranger Dan. They were just talking about the dilemma of what to breed her to one last time. Same dilemma as you.

Very well bred hound you have. Here is a link to the male I was talking about: http://www.beaglepedigree.com/Pro/pp_li ... b=pedigree

TallPaul

Post by TallPaul »

FC Valley's Freckled Bandit

Will throw plenty of nose, 2 tons of desire, dogs that will run to catch, explode out of a check. Every litter I 've seen throws outstanding dogs

Branko breeding.
Beagling is not a science, just an opinion!

Circle H Kennel

Post by Circle H Kennel »

I have a female from the Manny cross and LOVE her she has super hunt great line control but lacks a little foot but she is not slow by any means

Mark T

Post by Mark T »

Jason, Good luck w/ whoever you choose. She is a nice little dog for sure and having the right female is the biggest part of the puzzle. Blues Clues will be here in the morning to spend some more time here. He is 9 and still loves the run, Vic owns him and he has produced some fantastic hounds.

Schag

Post by Schag »

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I have a few hounds in mind, but want to make the right choice. A friend of mine that has hunted with me for years recently said, "Zena is the best all around rabbit dog that I have hunted with." Mind you, he is just a gun hunter, but to me that is the ultimate compliment. Like I said earlier, this may or may not happen. I just gave the old girl a bath today, she has been a good little hound and producer even if she never has another litter. Her daughters are carrying her producing genes and will be used in my kennel as long as I have beagles.

Mark: If Timber was around I would probably try it again to see if I could get a male like Dolly. I have a young male out of Dolly (Timber x Zena) cross that reminds me a lot of Timber the time you let me watch him run. (He has Grandpa's mouth to boot!) He is the hound at the bottom of my page. Thanks for allowing me to breed to Timber. Dolly will never leave my house and it was well worth the trip!

Again, thanks to all.