Kennel Name.

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Rneil

Re: Kennel Name.

Post by Rneil »

My dad bought a 'cabin' as we called it on a dirt road. The name was Savage Road. I shot my first rabbit standing on that road. Every summer and most weekends were spent there fishing and hunting.
http://www.savgeroadbeagles.com
New site uploaded 2-5-08

tinymwoods

Post by tinymwoods »

mtnwaykennel wrote:Our's came from several different places.

We have a saying around here that we do it the mountain way. So we liked that. We wanted to honor the bloodlines that we like as much as possible and some of the people we respected.

So the name Mtn came from ky MTN .... ol dexter reffett and the WAY came from northway blood. It fits what we do and what we like and it was so and so it was.

Bill Woods

What he said. We were sitting in a Long John Silvers in Pikeville Ky just starting our new kennel and kennel direction and that was the first name we came up with and we are still doing it the Mtn Way. Kind of like the Swamp people, we do things like our ancestors.
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

I had 3 names in my head before i stuck with the one i have now.

My last name means "Oak Mountain" in german.....Eichelberger
When I graduated from college and bought my first house it was on "Lone Pine" road.
The house was also right on the "Muskegon River".

I ended up going with Lone Pine, figured it fit in no matter where I lived.

LPB

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

I run every chance I get, thats how I came up with Runninhard Kennel

Not that I actually have a "kennel" with the 4 dog pack I have,but you have to start somewhere, Right ?
Last edited by RunninHard on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Really can't say that I have a kennel but I do keep 4 or 5 dogs here in southwest Indiana and raise a litter when I need replacements. I think everyone knows that Indiana folks are HOOSIERS and everyone wonders what that is. Some folks used to make snide remarks about the IU basketball coach who I truely liked because he was a winner and refer to him as HOOSIER DADDY. That was the basis of my kennel name of "HOOSIER DADDY".

TOUCHSTONE

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

My mother chose the name Touchstone around 1969. She chose it based on the definition of the word. We had Dalmatians and Beagles at the time.

Definition of TOUCHSTONE
: a black siliceous stone related to flint and formerly used to test the purity of gold and silver by the streak left on the stone when rubbed by the metal
: a test or criterion for determining the quality or genuineness of a thing
: a fundamental or quintessential part or feature : basis <a touchstone film of that decade> <now considered a touchstone of the city's life — Michael Specter>

Examples of TOUCHSTONE
Dedication to developing beagles with excellence in both physical structure and hunting ability is the touchstone of a quality breeding program.

First Known Use of TOUCHSTONE

Synonyms: bar, barometer, benchmark, criterion, gold standard, grade, mark, measure, metric, par, standard, yardstick

[+]
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!

cpuckett

Post by cpuckett »

i came up with PUCKETT'S RIDGE SQUALLIN KENNELS because i live on ridge road and my favorite mouth is a big tearing squall .............
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel

Greg Wells

Post by Greg Wells »

btt
Last edited by Greg Wells on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wells Woods Beagles

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time

Breeder of:
FC Wells' Silver Spring
IFC Stoneyhills Gator
FC GD Wells Woods Valentine
FC GMC's Primetime Peeka-Boo

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

My name came from a ridge with a roadway back through the sticks near my house we hunt rabbit there it is acually called rabbit ridge so that's where my kennel name came from .
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

jerry kelly

Re: kennel Name.

Post by jerry kelly »

i got mine fron rabbit ridge lol
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS HOME OF
GRHBCH RABBIT RIDGE CLETUS A.K.A. (SMOKE )
RABBIT RIDGE Big Luke
RABBIT RIDGE RAMBO
RABBIT RIDGE PHINE
RABBIR RIDGE Doc
RABBIT RIDGE RANGER ANN
RABBIT RIDGE LIL

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

Jerry is part of my kennel he is a big part of it and am glad you ARE IN THE CIRCLE :shock:
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

Buckeye Bob

Post by Buckeye Bob »

Always had beagles growing up but when it came time to try to come up with a kennel name I wanted something other than my name. Was introduced to some Boldstroke dogs and still think that is the best name for a kennel yet. Chose Buckeyebold because I want to keep and breed dogs that are ideal for hunting the Buckeye state. Specifically North-East snowbelt Ohio. And they have to be BOLD :hammer:

TrippleBFarms

Post by TrippleBFarms »

I used to help a good friend of mine on his farm I was 20yrs old he was 60yrs old he had named his farm Tripple B Farm because his name was Bill and his bluehealers name was Blue and the first donkey he bought was named Beauty. So after helping him for about 4 yrs he said Tripple B was for Bill, Brian, and Blue and after he passed away and Left his Farm to me it will always be the Tripple B Farm.
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselvs aginst tyranny in goverment. Thomas Jefferson

mobeagle

Post by mobeagle »

Catchem & Stretchem Kennels
Take your kids huntin and you wont have to hunt for your kids.