My Rangerdan bred pups (updated)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

deerhost

My Rangerdan bred pups (updated)

Post by deerhost »

Freckles and her male and female pup. It was her first litter and she only had three, I lost one the next day and two have survived and are doing well. They are three weeks old now. They are double Rangerdan top and bottom. freckles is out of Shooter. I did much better with my other litter,5 females and 1 male pup. They are 2 weeks old and out of Freckles running mate Katie and The sire is directly out of Rangerdan. Bottom two photo's are Katies pups.

Last edited by deerhost on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BCBeagles

Re: My Rangerdan bred pups

Post by BCBeagles »

Good luck with them! Nice puppies!!

Budd

Post by Budd »

Good luck with the pups and keep me posted, sure wish she would have had more. My doubled up Shooter pup is now 8 weeks old and opening on scent.

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

Good luck budd. It's funny Katie's pups actually look more like my Shooter female, All except the male have the white blaze bettween there eyes. My last litter out of her looked exactlythe same.

rabbitrunner33

Post by rabbitrunner33 »

nice looking pups. all spoken for. wife fell in love with the one that lookes like dixie.

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

Randy, I know exactly which one your talking about. My wife has been saying the same thing. Right now She is the most active and bold out of the whole litter just like Dixie was. Unfortunatly they are all spoken for. hope all is well....DH

HAREHOUND

Post by HAREHOUND »

them is some good lookin well bred pups. wish i had my name on one of them, but good luck to those that do. how many ya keeping for yourself ?

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

Hey Harehound, thanks! I'm keeping a few females out of the bunch.....DH

PAhardwoods

Post by PAhardwoods »

Who is the sire
Hunt to live, Live to hunt

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

Those are two litters. One litter is sired by FC Sparkling Brook Toby, The litter of 6 is sired by FC Honey Hollows Elvis ( Both directly out of Rangerdan). Elvis is on this years list of Better Beaglings Top sires. He has produced a NY SPO FC and many others with wins and places. There was a Derby trial this spring in NY. I forget exactly which club it was at, but I think 3-4 out of the placing hounds were sired by him. Toby has only been bred I believe once or may be twice ( he was on BB's top sires list last year out of those pups, 2 have finised as FC and I believe all of the rest that were trialed have placed. This is what I have seen via BetterBeaglings trial results and by Speaking to ther owners and also running againted some of the offsprings here at the NY trials......DH

PAhardwoods

Post by PAhardwoods »

I have a bitch out of Elvis in my kennel who's turned 2 in April that's turning into a real beast, I know that litter with Toby and the fancy track bitch blaze or blazer can't rem her name turned out prettttty nice, good luck with your litters
Hunt to live, Live to hunt

rabbitrunner33

Post by rabbitrunner33 »

how are the pups doing

Dr. Chris

Post by Dr. Chris »

deerhost wrote:Those are two litters. One litter is sired by FC Sparkling Brook Toby, The litter of 6 is sired by FC Honey Hollows Elvis ( Both directly out of Rangerdan). Elvis is on this years list of Better Beaglings Top sires. He has produced a NY SPO FC and many others with wins and places. There was a Derby trial this spring in NY. I forget exactly which club it was at, but I think 3-4 out of the placing hounds were sired by him. Toby has only been bred I believe once or may be twice ( he was on BB's top sires list last year out of those pups, 2 have finised as FC and I believe all of the rest that were trialed have placed. This is what I have seen via BetterBeaglings trial results and by Speaking to ther owners and also running againted some of the offsprings here at the NY trials......DH
Very interesting breeding, two littermate brothers bred to two littermate sisters… I like the Ranger Dan but the dam to those males is real nice too, eat-up with old “Lar-May” and “Weir Creek” blood. Should be real nice. Like your style… some fellows on here need to take some notes…

Just curious, what is the dam side to your females?

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

deerhost, Could you post a pedigree on Rangerdan . I know he was very accomplished as a field trail dog and a very good rabbit hound . I just don't recall his pedigree too well but I believe Tom Sharpe owned him.

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

Randy, The pups are doing great. Very bold and houndy. They are all eating their own food, drinking out of the bowl and pooping out side of the box. Dr. Chris The two dams are not litter mates. They are running mates. The two sires are litter mates..... The peds are as follows.......DH