Old Gunsmoke Bluetick

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Salzer mtn

Re: Old Gunsmoke Bluetick

Post by Salzer mtn »

Here is a pedigree of the mother of my females http://rabbitdogs.net/pedigrees/15.html

beagleman24093

Post by beagleman24093 »

Salzer,,,, I was the breeder of your dogs mother . I have a few dogs here down from that litter. That was a father daughter mating as you can see. The Snickers dog is bred out of a son to old corkey bred to corkey's full sister. We have gotten several good dogs from his sisters, so time to try out snickers too. Ronnie Albertson has a couple of young dogs from him that are doing good also.

Salzer mtn

Post by Salzer mtn »

beagleman here is a couple of pictures of the blueticks now grown of the two bluetick pups i showed on the other page.Image

Salzer mtn

Post by Salzer mtn »

beagleman24093

Post by beagleman24093 »

Those look like really nice looking blue dogs,,, I can see the gunsmoke look to them,,,,, . As i said before i can't say these dogs are world beater or anything just good honest rabbit dogs,, they give all they have to a rabbit race,, never had one to not hunt his behind off, they sure won't me too bark ,, and contrary to what i was told by Mr Byram most of mine don't like a deer. I have several that seem to be natural broke. never ran a deer.
As i always said there are no perfect dogs. I've seen good and great dogs come from all kinds of blood lines,, We all have our likes and dislikes,, thats what makes this old world around . I can set and watch good slow dogs run and really appreciate the work they do. and turn around and barn burners poor it on a rabbit and see the good in them to.
These old blue dogs just fit me fine,,,,, and i thought that was a great picture.

Dale L.

Post by Dale L. »

Does anyone know where these pups are now and if any are for sale.

beagleman24093

Post by beagleman24093 »

Hey ,,,Dale I still own the big male on the left side,and the light colored female on the rock,,, My buddy in Ohio ,,Bill Domen took the other three males. I know my two aren't for sale and as far as i know Bill want to keep his males. This was a litter we breed esp to help keep the line going. There may be some pups in the spring if i can just catch the females coming in at the right time. Pm me your phone # I'll keep in touch.