R I P Cinnamon Run Honey

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Murphy's Kennel

Re: R I P Cinnamon Run Honey

Post by Murphy's Kennel »

Sorry to hear about honey
HOF Murphy`s Dreaming Demon Gr.R.Ch Gr.B.Ch Triple X's Tango

sharon

Post by sharon »

Mike,
The Little Pack Grand Champion class mourns the loss of a great little competitor! Honey was certainly a "one of a kind" female not only in the field but also as a reproducer. You are a lucky man to have had the opportunity to own such an outstanding hound that provided you countless hours of enjoyment. You could not ask for more out of her...Honey gave you her all and as a result left a lasting impression on the Little Pack World. And in our opinion, that is a very befitting honor extended to a True Houndsman! Mike, please find comfort in knowing that others share in your loss.
P. S. Hopefully, Heaven appreciates a good rabbit chase!!

Sharon and Bob

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

Some of these posts really make a big knot in my throat. I appreciate all the kind words about Honey. That dog loved me more than any in my kennel sometimes too much!
-
To answer the question how many from her I have I have 5 sons 4 daughters, 2 Grand Daughters, and a Grandson. I also have great friends that would let me use others if I ever needed them for a breeding.
-
She needs 10 points for HOF Reproducer and all her pups are 6 or under. Most are 4 or under.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

johnny

Post by johnny »

I really hated reading this Crabby, Honey was one tough ole girl! I know you have some tough pups of hers.
R.I.P Reserve World Hunt Winner Lp Gr Ch Adkins Rocky Hills Red Ram
R.I.P LpRch Adkins BB
Little World Hunt Winner Lp Gr Ch Adkins Joker
LpRCh Adkins Penny
LpRCh Adkins Rosebud
LpRCh Adkins Rosie

Michael Maynard

Post by Michael Maynard »

Mike, Sorry to hear about Honey. She was a real hound.
TRIPLE M'S BEAGLES
LPGRCH TRIPLE M'S CODE BLUE II
LPGRCH BACKROAD'S AXLE
LPRCH TRIPLE M'S OL BLACK BETTY
LPRCH TRIPLE M'S CODE BLUE CHANCE
LPRCH BACKROAD'S SIMBA

T LEE

Post by T LEE »

sanfordssj wrote:I think her pic should be posted in the header.......come on bev post her pic up there!

How many sons or daughters do you have in the kennel still Mike? Those are now priceless pups! Make lemon juice out of lemons and always take the bad and turn it into something good. She has left her mark in the beagle world and it will continue with her pups and grand pups. Good luck.
I found this picture of her. She will be missed. I think that's her son Boomer looking out of the dog box.

Last edited by T LEE on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

thats a good pic of her....
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

packmaster

Post by packmaster »

Very sorry for your loss.

HDB

Post by HDB »

Sorry for your loss Crabby!

Josh Wight
Hammer Down Beagles :(
Hammer Down Beagles
GRCH/BCH & PKC CH Hammer Down Blowing Smoke
RCH Hammer Down Cat Country Cricket
Hammer Down Big Mac Attack
Hammer Down Big Smo
Hammer Down Boogie Man
Dear John

mdbeagler

Post by mdbeagler »

I know how you must feel Mike I lost a hound that was very special to me about 3 weeks ago
while delivering pups. She was by far the best bitch in my kennel. I really do think somebody
needs to be getting after the coyotes in your area to thin down their numbers. Being a trapper
I would have traps set, and at least get the ones that killed Honey. On the bright side at least
you have plenty of offspring out of her. Hopefully you will have something out of her offspring
that is as good or better to take her place :)

PaLefty

Post by PaLefty »

Sorry for your loss Mike. I've been down this road myself. Im sure Honey will make HOF Reproducer and that will add to all the good memories you already have of her. Take care my friend.
Paul Deist

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

It seems only 6 short years ago a fellow got a little Patch hound and was cutting out a door in an old refrigerator for her to whelp pups in. She might not have become great in other hands, but she had the strength of a family of hounds behind her to draw upon and the God given makings to perform and produce from what was handed down.
I remember this fellow saying, "I don't know much about field trials, but I know what a good "rabbit dog" is", ...and the rest is history.
Mike, I'm sorry for your loss. I know you and your father have had other hounds chewed up from coyote before, so we all know the risk we take each time we cast hounds, we just always hope it's not our day to pay.
Cherish the sweetness of what a little Honey has brought into your life.(hopefully the bees can produce more ;) )

Schag

Post by Schag »

Sorry for your loss. These little hounds sure do find places in our hearts and memories.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

T LEE wrote:
sanfordssj wrote:I think her pic should be posted in the header.......come on bev post her pic up there!

How many sons or daughters do you have in the kennel still Mike? Those are now priceless pups! Make lemon juice out of lemons and always take the bad and turn it into something good. She has left her mark in the beagle world and it will continue with her pups and grand pups. Good luck.
I found this picture of her. She will be missed. I think that's her son Boomer looking out of the dog box.

That's what I call a meat hound...again Mike sorry for your loss.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Pete Tuck

Post by Pete Tuck »

Sorry for your loss, Crabby.
Cedar Row Beagles
LPRCH Mike's Ace in the Hole