Diamond dog food

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

pineridgebeagles

Diamond dog food

Post by pineridgebeagles »

Anyone out there feeding Diamond dog food,I just bought a bag and the dogs love it.I was feeding Pride and they didnt dig into it right away,tried Purina and they liked it a little better,but thie Diamond is gone right away.I have a male and female that are not fast feeders they just pick at it and 3 that just inhale and swallow,the 2 pickers are not picking any more.

hookset

Re: Diamond dog food

Post by hookset »

I fed it for about 18 years and loved it. A few years ago, they changed formulas and my dogs looked wormy and lost all endurance. Dogs may eat it, but they won't perform. Pride is a much better feed than Diamond now. Personally, I'd feed Ol' Roy over Diamond made in the last three years,

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

ive fed diamond maroon bag for 15 years and i havent found anything better... ive switched a few times to try other brands and the dogs stool was loose and runny each time even after being on the different brands for over a month... i switched back to diamond and the dogs look healthy and in shape. i wont switch any time soon. to me its all a crapshoot with dog food. none of it is really great unless you want to pay $60 for a 20# bag.... NOT!! as long as my dogs arent having trouble with it and healthy ill stick to it.

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

I am with Blue collar. I feed the Hi-Energy (maroon bag)and love it, in the summer I mix it with maintenence half and half. Never have to feed more to keep them looking slick and healthy, no matter how cold it gets or how much I am running them 1 1/2-2 cups per day....We won some Purina Pro Plan this Spring, and I do not see any difference. I have about 2 weeks left of it and will be buying the Diamond again.
Andy Purnell-Dead River Beagles
FC Purnell's Greens Valley Dixie
FC Purnell's Dead River Rebel RIP
FCGD Dead River Hare Razin Ruby
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Ranger
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Bloo Bell

wireman252

Post by wireman252 »

I'm feeding Diamond Naturals and the dogs love it. I use the chicken and rice 26-16. Dogs look great and perform great.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I fed the diamond Naturals for almost a year. I saw a change when the weather got cold. They looked fine in the summer and when it got cold and I was running the heck out of them they looked POOR. I was pouring feed to them and they looked like they were being starved! I was also cleaning up a BUNCH of crap. I now feed Black Gold with results I am happy with thus far. We'll see how they hold up when it is 20 degrees at night and they just came in for the 3rd time of the week of 6 hours of running??

goodpickens

Post by goodpickens »

I put my two pets on Diamond Natural. The first bag seemed ok, but on the second and third bags it took twice as much food to fill them and they were still losing weight. After that experience, I would never feed Diamond to any animal.

TallPaul

Post by TallPaul »

Not anymore, seemed like I was getting different quality of product from time to time, had one bag the dogs wouldn't even touch, and one of my dogs lives for two things - running and dinner time. Also had a young female thought it was just as tasty the second time, I switched to Nutri Source, haven't had a 'bad' bag and no s*^t eating.
Beagling is not a science, just an opinion!

island ridge hounds

Post by island ridge hounds »

i'd have to agree with fasttrackpa, i use to feed maintenence in the summer and the green bag in the winter. as alot of others the hounds started getting thin no matter how much you feed. i won a bag of the highenergy at a hunt and feed it out and didn't have any compliants so i started feeding it but this time in the summer they would get to heavy and i'd switch to the maintinence and it wouldn't be long the weight would start coming off and off and off so i to feed 1/2 and 1/2 only in the summer time and they look lots better. winter though i use the high energy only. of course you gotta keep'em on a worming program.
let honesty run through the veins of each and every judge at each and every trial at each and
every format.

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

diamond hi enrgy is good feed.

been feeding pride lately and it is ok but when seasonhj kicks in probably go back to diamond
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

rabbithunter30

Post by rabbithunter30 »

i have been feeding Diamond Hi Energy & Diamond Premium Adult for about 14 to 15 years now and love it my dogs love it never had a problem with one bag...my dogs all have good weight good looking slick coats and most importantly very firm stoll like they should...we had the Black Gold Rep come down to our club this passed weekend talk about Black Gold but what alot of people dont know is that Black Gold bought out the old Diamond Company back when they had that major recall on all dog... (JMO) Black Gold is the old original Diamond dog from 15 to 20 yrs ago again (JMO)...

But as far as Diamond Dog Food i will feed nothing but Diamond!!!!!!
Antonio Ford
You Can Feed A Champion For The Same Price You Can Feed One Ain't Worth Sh&%!!!!!
http://www.a-abeaglekennels.webs.com

pineridgebeagles

Post by pineridgebeagles »

Thanks for the input,i guess time will tell if I like it or not,going to the UP in 3 weeks for 9 days and will run the tails off them i should be able to tell by then.
Al

johnny

Post by johnny »

Diamond extreme athlete chicken and rice formula is some good stuff, I haven't found anything better. It's 32/25.
R.I.P Reserve World Hunt Winner Lp Gr Ch Adkins Rocky Hills Red Ram
R.I.P LpRch Adkins BB
Little World Hunt Winner Lp Gr Ch Adkins Joker
LpRCh Adkins Penny
LpRCh Adkins Rosebud
LpRCh Adkins Rosie

Cooz's Beagles

Post by Cooz's Beagles »

wireman252 wrote:I'm feeding Diamond Naturals and the dogs love it. I use the chicken and rice 26-16. Dogs look great and perform great.
:check:

Cooz's Beagles
Cooz's Just Snoopin Around

Lone Pine Cooz's Nicci
Lone Pine Cooz's Swampin Sammi

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

[quote="johnny"]Diamond extreme athlete chicken and rice formula is some good stuff, I haven't found anything better. It's 32/25.[/quote/]
It's good but too rich for my dogs in the summer. The maintenance is good in the summer.
I been feedin the Naturals Lamb & Rice for several years, & have had no problems with it.
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10