I have never seen this before!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dunbar Family Kennel

I have never seen this before!

Post by Dunbar Family Kennel »

This past weekend I went to a nkc little pack hunt in Oklahoma. I was judging a cast,and the dogs were in a check area and the rabbit jump out of this tall grass and went down a hill side. Now this is what I have never seen before. When I saw the rabbit jump up and run down the hill side the rabbit was solid WHITE. It was the size of a cottontail and ran like one too,but it was solid white. :shock:
Home of :
LP R CH D-D JET
LP R CH Branko's Whole Lotta Rosie
LP R CH LP B CH Mootry's OKla Pepper
Lp B CH Mt. View Macrae Beauty
Lp R CH Shenold's Sue
Lp B CH Caitie's Swamp Ghost Daisy

team fudd

Re: I have never seen this before!

Post by team fudd »

probably an albino. They occur in pretty much all species.

Dunbar Family Kennel

Post by Dunbar Family Kennel »

I have seen albino deer and a albino skunk,but never a rabbit.
Home of :
LP R CH D-D JET
LP R CH Branko's Whole Lotta Rosie
LP R CH LP B CH Mootry's OKla Pepper
Lp B CH Mt. View Macrae Beauty
Lp R CH Shenold's Sue
Lp B CH Caitie's Swamp Ghost Daisy

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Dunbar, I have seen albino Fox squirrels, Red squirrels, deer, crows, groundhogs, raccoons, catfish, but never an albino rabbit , but I know they exist. I was on a rabbit hunt one time when a piebald cottontail was killed . My dogs ran a rabbit by me in some thick stuff and I couldn't get a shot at it but from what I saw it was white , it ran up the hill by my hunting partner and he shot at it , He holled that he had missed it and I asked him if it was white? He said no it was brown ,why? I told him because the one they ran by me was white and they must have switched rabbits. He was a big running rabbit and they ran him up into the hollow above us and started to circling up there ,I told my partner we were going to have to choke up on him a little and we moved to the top of the hollow , long run shortened, my partner killed him . White on one side brown on the other, he kept him in the fridge for a long time and a lot of folks saw him. Not only an odd ball rabbit, but a darn good run.

bigdog

Post by bigdog »

never seen a white rabbit. but we have something here in south centeral il. we have been seeing rabbits that have a yellow color to them. ran one in a cast couple yrs ago. i thought they were crazy till i seen one.

dog

Post by dog »

never seen a white one before , but i did see one a few years ago sitting on the side of the road in the AEP area that had little ears like a hamster , funniest looking thing , took a picture and had it for a long time but somehow lost it

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

My neighbor had one that was light tan. It's ears were a little pink. It hung out around their outbuildings. I never got around to takin a pic of it.
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

rabbitrookie

Post by rabbitrookie »

How long you think a bright white rabbit will live without being able to blend in with ground cover. Easy pickets for a hawk I bet.

Riggs Redtick

Post by Riggs Redtick »

this one looked really white.