Green Bay Hounds

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Green Bay Hounds

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

I been thinking of somehow getting crossed into Green Bay Hounds just got a question or two. Does anybody run any of them in little pack? And over all through watching and listening to those that have em they must be something special, if i was going to cross my best big bitch which is out of Junie and Chimers High Flying Casey which is Prime time basically, she hunts well and hits hard needs to slow at times but overall i have had her since she was 8 weeks old and a solid solid bitch. Which Greenbay stud maybe the answer , i am just afraid of size but I like steve and i am thinking green bay walk on , has anyone got any of them that are close to 15"? Sorry to ramble but thanks for the Advice.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Ky. Hunter

Re: Green Bay Hounds

Post by Ky. Hunter »

Jimmie,
You and I thinking alike on the Green Bay dogs. I have been thinking about getting one but I have been wondering how they would cross with turbo dogs.

EMeade III

Post by EMeade III »

Hopefully will be able to let u know how it crosses over turbo. My buddy is breeding his turbo powered by turbo female to green bay walk on later this week.

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Turbo crossing with Green Bay Shooter has been done....Clear Creek Hoss, I would say the results were good ;)

http://americanbeagler.huntingboards.co ... ss#p439562

I would say it depends on what "Green Bay" hounds you are looking for...Joe is a great trainer and can take dogs from different bloodlines and make them great.

Walker, I really like his ped, is a very nice choice but when you dabble in Shooter/Butch/etc...you are going to run the risk of getting small stuff. Just the breaks in playing the game.
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

jerwane

Post by jerwane »

got an 11 mo. male wouldn't take a farm in Texas for. sire is Turbo Charged Thunder Blue.....bottom side is Shooter and Primetime. started running at 4 1/2 mos. and hasn't looked back
runs hare and cottontails, Shooter tends to throw smaller dogs...mine is 14 1/4"...Turbo throws bigger dogs IMO

jerwane wrote:got an 11 mo. male wouldn't take a farm in Texas for. sire is Turbo Charged Thunder Blue.....bottom side is Shooter and Primetime. started running at 4 1/2 mos. and hasn't looked back
runs hare and cottontails, Shooter tends to throw smaller dogs...mine is 14 1/4"...Turbo throws bigger dogs IMO
Ran with thunder for several years when pete owned him , how does your dog run ? Pretty snappy in a ck area? Hunt Good?

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

I would call joe ask him about paw paw king .
TheJohnBirchSociety

Hows he bred?

Thanks i went to the website Nice Site.Gonna call Joe soon.Thanks again .Still like to hear some opinions.Anyone seen a 15"

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

I have a pup out of Butkus x sundown miss Ellie was told my pup would be 13 at 15 or a little over. never know about how there going to turn out.
TheJohnBirchSociety

BuschBound

Post by BuschBound »

If I was going to try for 15" in the Green Bay lines. I would look at the dog on the front cover of the N.M.H.A. website. F.C. Henry's Hunter II . BUTKUS X BLUE BAY. Blue Bay is Blue Ninja bred. Or Jeremy Derosso has a very nice and beautiful big Bluetick male named Dago Valley Big Studd. You can find both these dogs placing in the results at any of the SPO trials in the NMHA.
http://www.northernmihare.com
Dave Martin- (906) 285-1740

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I let a male go out of Butkus and a 14.5 inch female and he will finish at 14.5. He has good foot and a big nose with real nice hunt. They say Henry's Hunter is a hard hitting hound as is Paw King, hard driving hounds. Brandon Labombard now owns Paw King. Brandon also finished Butkus in Canada for Joe. Hunter is a big one as well so he would be a great choice!

I own a FC female raised and trained by Joe K. she is not fast, but she sure isn't slow either, she cuts the pack to death!! They bobble she takes it, if you can win in little pack with a hound that knows how to turn when others overrun then Joe K. has that market cornered. Joe Kuklenski puts extreme time and effort like NO OTHER in my opinion. He puts out extreme quality stuff. I know his hounds will be a big part of what hounds I hunt with for years to come!!

I have run with Butkus and full speed turns are not out of his realm, I have seen that and been impressed personally.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

And for Steve Mullen, you won't deal with a better guy and the stats show, he brings prepared hounds that can win!!

I have seen a short video of Walker running and I will have something to go to him in the future as well!! Very nice little hound. I have seen him as well. He looks to be a full 13 to me, he is not a little light built hound. I liked his build and size, personally. Walker should have a very bright future in reproducing, he is out of some outstanding reproducers. Good luck!

HAREHOUND

Post by HAREHOUND »

like others have said, a conversation with joe would point ya in the right direction. but the 1st dog that pops into my head is a big male owned by budd denny from this board. the dogs name is henry's winchester (chester) and he is out of the last green bay shooter x shore acres shaker's dinah cross. i just came off an indiana cottontail hunt with budd and really like his chester dog. if you watched my video from the hunt, chester is in there a bunch. he also showed to be a pretty good retriever lol.
Last edited by HAREHOUND on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

John-PA

Post by John-PA »

Just so you know paw king was sold, I believe he is in NY now with James Labombard.