Bryan Bush and other judges out there...

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Casey Harner

Bryan Bush and other judges out there...

Post by Casey Harner »

How many miles do you run to stay in peak performance?? Bush we know you are faster than some of the dogs lol.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

warddog

Re: Bryan Bush and other judges out there...

Post by warddog »

If I got to run or hunt up a rabbit what do I need a dog for? LOL :???: I like to stroll out a bit, wait for the dogs to open, unfold the lawn chair, drink a cup of coffee and listen to the music.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

warddog wrote:If I got to run or hunt up a rabbit what do I need a dog for? LOL :???: I like to stroll out a bit, wait for the dogs to open, unfold the lawn chair, drink a cup of coffee and listen to the music.

??

Ken I am talking about the judges in field trials...lol
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

Bush is a hell of a judge and calls it straight also runs like an antelope :shock:
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

Farm dog

Post by Farm dog »

Harner, I have been taking it easy this summer and running 2-8 miles 5 days a week plus doing other workouts along with Insanity. I have 2 nephews running the Columbus 1/2 marathon in Oct that I am going to run with. They started talking trash about running with an old guy so I went into training mode so I can run them into the ground. I have to get the workout in now then go coach soccer. You should check with Kelly about his summer training program. His is pretty intense. He can also post pictures. :D

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Farm dog wrote:. You should check with Kelly about his summer training program. His is pretty intense. He can also post pictures. :D
:lol:
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

how far is it from the door of the truck to the tailgate lol. judges that judge right have a hard job must stay n some kind of shape like to know the answer my self oh first part of my post i was refering to me health is to bad now still get n bushes and watch my dogs can c real deal n the bushes
BIGDOGPACE

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

Since I got home from England I haven't hit a lick
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

beagler80

Post by beagler80 »

3-5 miles every morning before work...I also play softball, basketball, and flag football on the weekends, which helps too.
Diamond P Kennel

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

This is my summer routine to get ready for judging....

Strength-
The first week of summer I start off lifting 10# Potato Sacks for an hour each day, 2nd week #20 Sacks, etc....When I get to 40# Sacks I do that for an entire month but after the 2nd week of that month I up the workout to lifting for 2 solid hours per day. That takes me into about the 3rd week in July or so and that is when I really get intense about my workout. Here is how it goes from there....you see at that point I start adding potatos to the sacks.

Fitness-
Lots of bike rides with my daughters....this is more of a thumb strength exercise than fitness though

Usually after 6 or so beers I start doing a bunch of cannonballs...this exercise is limited to my wifes patience and weather.

I went into the mower store and told them I wanted a push mower....not sure they sold me the right thing but it sure does give my arms a workout. I only have to stop and ice them with a cold beer about every 20 min now though.

I was forced to sweat this summer also during my high altitude training.....there was almost no A/C on this small plane!!! About killed me but luckily the pilot keep refreshing beverages on board for his passengers.

Diet-
It is super important to get each and every morning started off right, I don't care for bannanas and vitamins like others so I choose this instead....probably the same nutritional value.

For dinner I have really been watching things lately....I only drank 2 beers while cooking this and 2 while eating it.

Mental Toughness-
I spent numerous hours teaching her how to do this...figured if she ever judges with Bush and is trying to figure out his score card she will need to use it.
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Now Kelly I am thinking you outta patent that bro. Other than the plane shoot I been doing that same workout for years, them ink pens get heavy sometimes so I might drink a few more beers though. Btw shorty and I finally got married last Friday before I left for a field trial lol, had to consipate the marriage that night with Bobby in Ohio. I figured he would not mind. Actually he was a good sport :???: . This I-pad is weighing me down so I got too go get me a beer. Rock on my brother.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

I like to mix it up a little bit with a mixture of Garmin curls and beer curls every now and again I will stand up and get a 7th inning stretch just to get the blood flowing!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Sometimes i dont think its how fast you can run. I think its how honest and smart ya are when ya get there. Watch the results they seem too speak highly of honest judges . Too all of you judges this year in the midwest.Thanks.Cuz its a thankless job.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Casey Harner wrote:
warddog wrote:If I got to run or hunt up a rabbit what do I need a dog for? LOL :???: I like to stroll out a bit, wait for the dogs to open, unfold the lawn chair, drink a cup of coffee and listen to the music.

??

Ken I am talking about the judges in field trials...lol
LOL casey, I knew that you were talkin about judges runnin after dogs in a trial. I'm allergic to any of the stuff that resembles a four letter word.....WORK! When coon huntin became work I retired from it just like my job. Of course I never ran after my coon hounds either as I struck em when they opened, treed um when they treed and never ran to the tree. I guess it's a totally different way of determining quality of a hound as the lights are out with coon hounds and all you got to go on is sound. I'm curious if you guys that run beagles at night have any trouble judging which dog is doing the best work if you got several on the ground?

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Anyone can judge from a tail gate but what you see and what you hear can be 2 different thing so for is at night is just time to let them roll. I really only like to run 2 hounds at a time but no more than 3 unless gun hunting but with only 2-3 dogs down at a time you can usually pick out who is doing the work if you really know your dog!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com