XDawg Preachin Deacon

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

xdawg2

XDawg Preachin Deacon

Post by xdawg2 »

I have had a few ask me where Deacon is, just thought i'd share with you all Deacon's retirement plans here at XDawgBeagles.

Minus a girl friend from time to time and running rabbits up behind the barn this is how Deacon plans to spend his hot summer days....

Jack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbqev8VSvNA

xdawg2

Re: XDawg Preachin Deacon

Post by xdawg2 »

Deacon was loose most of the day... He'd run awhile then come off the hill for a dip then back up the hill.

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

What a great clip. Good for him, he knows how to live...LOL! I have a female here in NY. Her name is Katie. She is out of Speedy Sport. She has the same face as Deacon. Most of those Sport dogs have premature graeying in the muzzle...Thanks for sharing the clip of him. deerhost

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Great clip !!! Now that hound knows how to relax :nod:
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

Deacon looks like his mom smokey now that he is getting older.I beieve Deacon might of fininshed in AKC on hare. stamina hounds tougher longer they run good brains and noses. Can tell by his tail he still likes chasing rabbits , and smart enough to chill out some too.that was a good cross several state championships and big trial winners from it.Sports best days were when he turned 5 was tough old dog.

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

I've been at Mike Mcphersons kennel here in NY a number of times and hunted with Mike a couple of times over those Sport dogs. Mike had Speedy Sport at his kennel for a number of years at the end of sports life. I saw Sport there a few years back before he died, Didn't see him run but saw him in the kennel and even at that age he was a nice looking hound. I've seen quit a few of Sport offsprings run at Mike's kennel and hunted over a few including IFC Hunt-em-Up Sports Anna. My little bitch is a full sisiter to Anna and so is FC GreenBay Lambou. Mike has a nice set up in his ruuning grounds, He has a 2-3 story elevated viewing house in the middle of the pen. You can go up there have a seat and see everything the dogs and rabbits are doing. When I would go up to his place he would ask me" So who do you want to see Run" and put any dog down I wanted to watch. He is a nice guy. Last I spoke to him he had crossed his Sport stuff to Butkus and he told me those crosses were turning out real well. He bred Sport to a Siff-a-long dog and had a number of those dogs finish Including Anna. From what I've seen the line throse some wicked NOSE!!!!!!....deerhost

xdawg2

Post by xdawg2 »

Deacon is the man here... Even not ran up I can cut him and he runs rabbit after rabbit. The dog has endless desire, great hunt, and rolls on track with little mistakes. He has thrown some nice dogs. I really like the sport stuff as well.

xdawg2

Post by xdawg2 »

Deacon isn't getting any younger, $150 stud for those of you who've asked..

xdawg2

Post by xdawg2 »

Deacon isn't getting any younger and after a few Pms I'm asking $150 for stud and might consider a pup off the right bitch.