1st heet

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

didion419

1st heet

Post by didion419 »

This is the first time I ever had a female pup What would be the very earliest she could come in heet. She is 6 months now

Ron Conroe

Re: 1st heet

Post by Ron Conroe »

about now till when ever.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

about 8 months old
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

didion419

Post by didion419 »

I got a male pup same age housed with her now beter get em seperated right now. What are the first signs I shoud be looking for in her . She dosn't look any different no swelling or anything, but my 2 year old was licking on her today when they were all out

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

My youngest one hit the first time at 5 months old.
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

MaineDogs

Post by MaineDogs »

hes got the nose, he can tell there is a hormone change, it may still be a few days till shes showing any but she very well could get bread. A typical breading doesn’t start until around the 10 day ark after first sign of blood BUT I’ve had a female bread through the fence before she even started bleeding. Also tried to cross one that only bled for a few days and she never took. all dogs are different and i would hate to see a pup get bread at that age.

FreeHoller40

Post by FreeHoller40 »

Got a good question... How many people still run there females alone or with females while they are in heat, even though you know still taking a chance?
MAKING RABBIT HATERS!!!

Visit Us:
http://www.cottonmouthbeagles.webs.com
~GRHBCH CH COTTONMOUTH'S RAGIN' CAJUN RUGER~
~GRHBCH CH CK'S HARE RAISIN' WHISKEY~
~HBCH CK'S BLACKBERRY MOONSHINE~

sunsetredbeagles

Post by sunsetredbeagles »

I had a female recently that did not come in for her first heat cycle until she was 15 months old....Freeholler put some vick's on her and letem roll.WELL thats what i do anyway and have not had a bit of trouble to this point....But i guess there is always a chance of something happing when you take them in the feild....

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

7 days of swelling, 7 days of bleeding, and 7 days of breeding, typical. Straight from the vet.
Thanks,
Bob
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

new kid on the block

Post by new kid on the block »

Just because your male dog is sniffing on her doesn't mean she's coming in. Male beagles are nasty and will sniff a tail cause they can. Watch for the signs,swelling,bleeding. Females can and will come in season at 6 months. Good luck

warmule

Post by warmule »

FreeHoller40 wrote:Got a good question... How many people still run there females alone or with females while they are in heat, even though you know still taking a chance?
run mine with females just keep eye on them and hunt away from any other hunters but your takeing a chance could be stray dogs i always worry about coyotes i guess if they smelled them they would come to them but have never had any problems
John 3:16