nervousness?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BEAGLEBLUES

nervousness?

Post by BEAGLEBLUES »

From everyone that has ever gone to their first trial, tell me how you get over the nervousness that come from excitement. I am going next Saturday to the Little Pack Grand Nationals. I guess that the best way to do it is to jump into the closest one. Just happens to be a big one. So, if you see a big guy next Saturday that looks lost and nervous, say hi, its probably me!

Thanks
Jamey.

lebro

Re: nervousness?

Post by lebro »

Look me up. Will you be there fri. Or sat to measure your dogs. Tall good looking guy with a beard.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

I like going to trials getting to meet new people.
lots of good folks at them. they all are willing to help out a new guy.
STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

You are not by yourself, everyone I know is nervous at the start of any competition be it dog trials, running or bicycle riding. More competitive, more nervous.
Be glad you are a competitor like the dogs competing are as its an advantage in life !

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

Alabama John wrote:You are not by yourself, everyone I know is nervous at the start of any competition be it dog trials, running or bicycle riding. More competitive, more nervous.
Be glad you are a competitor like the dogs competing are as its an advantage in life !
:biggrin:
Andy Purnell-Dead River Beagles
FC Purnell's Greens Valley Dixie
FC Purnell's Dead River Rebel RIP
FCGD Dead River Hare Razin Ruby
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Ranger
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Bloo Bell

Will05

Post by Will05 »

just did my first trial last weekend and I was running someone else's dog so not only was I nervous but I was afraid to do something wrong with his dog..lol...all turned out good though lost my cast by only 5 points and learned a lot ...if I hadn't made a mistake during a recovery I would have won my cast by 15 points but now that the first one is over and I learned I have a better shot of winning the next
Wsullivan777@gmail.com
Home of :
Sullivan's Sadie MaePatch
Sullivan's MollyPatch

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

I get really nervous and I have been to 30 of them or more.. I puke at almost everyone. So does my dog actually. Every. Single. Time.

I have no idea why. it is just weird.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

BEAGLEBLUES

Post by BEAGLEBLUES »

lebro wrote:Look me up. Will you be there fri. Or sat to measure your dogs. Tall good looking guy with a beard.
A guy here on the board said he will bring him Friday for me and have him measured, I will be there early Saturday morning.

east80kennels

Post by east80kennels »

i remember my 1st trial, i dont know who was tore up more me or the dog lol. just be yourself pay attention to what the judges are saying and doing and handle your hound the best u can. u get to meet new fellow beaglers and u never know u may make a few new running buddies. trialing is fun and competitive and the main thing is not to get mad if ya dont win cause winning will come with time and u never know u may win ur 1st time out. it took me my 3rd time out to win a hunt but my hound did place in his 1st and 2nd times out also with 2 top 10's. but the main thing is to go there with the intentions to have fun meet new people and take in all the experience that u will always remember as a trialer. plain and simple just have FUN!!! :nod: :nod:

Steve CLK

Post by Steve CLK »

Jamey,

Chris and I both had the same feeling the first one we went to AND STILL get nervous. As Chris says "These dogs are like your kids, you want them to do good....". Don't worry we will get the one-eyed wonder registered for the trial on Friday and be waiting for you Saturday morning. We are there to continually learn ourselves, meet new people and make new friends. It is a good time :D . See you Saturday.
Steve Lyell
CYPRESS LAKE KENNELS
SQUAWLIN' BAWLIN' HAWLIN'
Hickory, Ky

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

I usually have to take a few #2s before I head to a field trial. I get nervous & the gitters.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Jbartley

Post by Jbartley »

I know the feeling. I am sending 2 hounds with my wife to our first trial in Mebane this weekend. I don't know who is more nervous her or me. Unfortunately I will not not be able to make it.
Jeff Bartley
Country Farm Beagles

Max's Little Pixie Dust
Sir Buddy Casanova
Horsley Manor's Junior

BEAGLEBLUES

Post by BEAGLEBLUES »

Steve CLK wrote:Jamey,

Chris and I both had the same feeling the first one we went to AND STILL get nervous. As Chris says "These dogs are like your kids, you want them to do good....". Don't worry we will get the one-eyed wonder registered for the trial on Friday and be waiting for you Saturday morning. We are there to continually learn ourselves, meet new people and make new friends. It is a good time :D . See you Saturday.
The "One-eyed wonder" is ready, I just hope that I am. See ya'll There

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

I never get nervous, I let the hound do the work, and I like being there BS with the guys. but I don't trial much. but my last linced trial primo would fall asleep between his cast. I would wake him up and he would do his thing, took second in his first akc Midwest trial.lol

BEAGLEBLUES

Post by BEAGLEBLUES »

I am experiencing something that I never have the pleasure of experiencing. The closer that I get to Saturday, The more that I think about it. I am excited more than nervous I think. I remember the first time that I entered a PKC hunt with coon dogs, and this is nothing like that. I am having trouble even getting work done. I can't wait to meet new people and watch good hound work, even if it is not from the "One-Eyed wonder!" Best of luck to all that are going to be there!

What would the chances that a pup that has never been on a bench be for doing well in the show. I think that I might take my 12 month old pup to the show part. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jamey