Dog food

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Uzala Hounds

Re: Dog food

Post by Uzala Hounds »

During the rabbit season, I feed about two cups of raw road kill venison meat, organs and fat with one cup of Farm and Fleet high protein kibble that goes for around $20 per 50. During the summer months, I change the ratio to one cup meat/two cups kibble. I feed five dogs and I pick up about eight deer between November and February. I spent a $100 on a freezer that holds enough meat to get me from March to November. As a side benefit in the winter, I let the dogs take turns chewing on the remaining bones. After about a week with a carcass the dogs have the whitest teeth that you have ever seen. I run the dogs hard in the winter, often every day, and they look great. While butchering a deer takes time, this program is a bargain and I have to believe that it provides a better diet that you could possibly purchase in a bag of dry food. I used to can the meat in quart jars. It saves freezer space, but it adds several hours to butchering process of each deer.

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

Try the 4health at tractor supply
Good quality feed
Pretty much same ingredients as victor
Even the energy suppliment that victor has
Good feed
Decent price for the ingredients
Easy to get because all tractor supply companys sell it

nhharris78

Post by nhharris78 »

4health is still made by diamond. Just a matter of time before their QC screws up and some dogs or people get sick. IMO
Nate Harris
Shultz Creek Kennel
FCGD Skeeter Creek's Ruby Lou
FCGD Smith's Stormin Ida
NRFC Shultz Creeks Hillbilly Gauge

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

Didnt know diamond made 4health
Id say your right nate
Any brand could make a mistake
Guess id better stick with good ol reliable purina

Joseph J Murphy

Post by Joseph J Murphy »

Southern States 24-20
Bring on Dream Team 3 !!!!!!

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Victor 24-20. Its grain feed and made in USA. Very good dog food. I highly recommend it.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

begles

Post by begles »

adam, you have seen my dogs. i feed the hunters blend. i think casey was selling it. mine comes from mexico mo. 17.00 bag for high proteen.